By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Price Cut announced for XBOX ONE in the UK £399.99

UltimateUnknown said:
Wait, is it £399.99 WITH Titanfall?

That would be an insane deal considering the game retails for about £50, which would price the bone at about £350, which is the same price as the PS4.

Now that is some serious price cut just a few months into the launch. M$ must be getting desperate.

They're giving Titanfall away for free with the console as long as stock lasts, not cutting the X1 to £350.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
Wait, is it £399.99 WITH Titanfall?

That would be an insane deal considering the game retails for about £50, which would price the bone at about £350, which is the same price as the PS4.

Now that is some serious price cut just a few months into the launch. M$ must be getting desperate.

Yes, they need it. X1 sold less then 5k this week in the UK.

selnor1983 said:
maverick40 said:
selnor1983 said:
Goodbye Sony in the UK. Watch this sell a ton!!!!

It is still more expensive than the PS4. DELUSION!

Really. I make PS4 in UK £409.99 with 1 game and NO PS+

And NO TITANFALL.

Funny that, you can pre-order the Infamous bundle for 385  still cheaper. As for selling a ton 400 quid for an underpowered console, stop smoking that funny weed m8, or give me some. 

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

I think that's the fastest official price cut I've ever seen, not to mention bundling their biggest game until the holidays. It's the right move though, the UK MSRP was just absurd.

selnor1983 said:
maverick40 said:
selnor1983 said:

And NO TITANFALL.

What game costs £70????

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
this is laughable, I've not heard of any console cutting price so fast

even wiiu didn't

I feel Microsoft would have to drop to £299 without kinect even still P.S.4 would sell more as it's the better hardware, but £299 is a fair price imo for what you get

will be interesting to see what weekly numbers this holds!!!! titanfall week should be big

I'm afraid a 300 pounds for the XB one isn't realistic. Even tho Microsoft could easly afford it, they don't want to make a lost. 

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

selnor1983 said:
maverick40 said:
selnor1983 said:

And NO TITANFALL.

It is 349 without a BOXED game but you can play DCUO, Blacklight: Retribution, Warframe and Warthunder for FREE WITHOUT PS+!!!!!

This is an embarrissing move from Microsoft, a catalogue of errors. This is a desperate move to try claw their way near PS4 sales in the UK.

I also have TitanFall pre-ordred on Origin to play on my PC

Price cuts and deals like this when the console has only been out for three months aren't done because a company honestly feels it can push ahead. They're done because the company is desperate to just stay in the game.

The PS4, according to VGC, has a lead of about 230,000 consoles and climbing in the UK. That is a significant gap this early in the race. It's outselling the X1 by greater than a 2-to-1 ratio on a weekly basis for the last six weeks in a row. It also has yet to sell less than the X1 any given week since the PS4 launched there. Impressive considering how limited the PS4's availability has been.

The fact is that with this deal the X1 is still more expensive than the PS4 and even with the free copy of Titanfall, which will probably be for a limited time, a potential PS4 buyer could buy any game they wanted and spend no more than someone who buys the X1.

Also, this focus on a single title saving a console is highly misguided. One great game releasing for a console starting to struggle will not, alone, help it against a console that is able to sell out constantly despite not having any top-shelf retail exclusives yet. The original Xbox had some amazing games on it but even they couldn't help the console sell more than 25 million over 5 years.

It reminds me of the GameCube days, I was gutted seeing it cut in price so much, I knew the game was up, I imagine Microsoft feels that way now, it's losing massively in UK and a price cut with a multiplayer only game isn't going to help it 299 and I will jump in

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

selnor1983 said:
maverick40 said:
selnor1983 said:

And NO TITANFALL.

hahaaha where you pull that number from. Official PS4 bundles have been going for 385 for some time now. Unnofficial ones can be found for the same as well, Thats when you can actaully find a PS4 what with it selling out every week.