By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - George Takei’s Ripping Letter to AZ about ‘Turn Away the Gay’ Bill

curl-6 said:
Justagamer said:
Pardon my ignorance, but, what is lgbt? I only have one thing I want to say, I don't beleive a law can exist like this in this day and age, love who you want, it has never bothered me. I have a gay cousin, never bothered me. If there is one thing that had bothered me is this: gay parades.... Seriously, they don't need to go and have a parade to proclaim their sexuality! Straight people don't have straight parades. Just my 2 cents... Maybe it's worth only 1 cent, but, it is what it is.... Not trying to be offensive, that's just how I feal about that one thing in particular.....

LGBT = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transexual

Ahh, thanks. I should've known that, but after a 14 hour work day, I'm a bit out of it. Thanks, I probably wouldn't have figured it out!... I like your avatar, I think she's a hot character, in a pretty hot looking game.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Kane1389 said:
As a person whp believes in free market as well in freedom to serve whoever you want, I fully support this bill. It stops the manipulative fascist LGBT lobby from suing and closing down small businesses.

I very much disagree.  There has to be a line drawn in the "freedom to serve whoever you want" mentality.  Prejudice and discrimination should be fought against, not strengthened.  We have seen, historically, how that mentality has played out with segregation and the jim crow laws.  Are you actually trying to say you would like to go back to the time of segregation?  

It is ridiculous, especially since this is being pushed as a religious freedom.  I mean, goog god, could there be a more anti christian law?  Maybe from an old testemant perspective this law would be ok, but christ taught to judge not, forgive the sinner, turn the other cheek, etc.  christ would be appalled by this law.  

This is nothing like segregation or jim crow, where institutions and people were forced by the goverment to discriminate against people. This law simply gives buisness owners  the freedome to deny service to someone they dont want have any buisness with. 

And you can fight ''bigotry and discrimination'' on an a federal level, but not on a private level. People should be allowed to have whatever beliefs they want, regardless of how you precieve them

curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Zappykins said:
Kane1389 said:
As a person whp believes in free market as well in freedom to serve whoever you want, I fully support this bill. It stops the manipulative fascist LGBT lobby from suing and closing down small businesses.

Please do tell me about this Manipulative Fascist LGBT Loby!

He's already said he would support a bill that allowed denial to service to African Americans, that should tell us all we need to know about what kind of person he is.

I said I would be OK with a bill that allowed denial to service anyone because of anything as long as its private buisness. But I guess that part didnt fit your tunnel vision so you left it out

You just confirmed what I said. You would be okay with businesses being able to turn away blacks for being black.

You really are amazing. I simply adore how you single out blacks to make me appear racist and a bad person.

No, but seriously, can your strawman sink any lower?

curl-6 said:
Justagamer said:
Pardon my ignorance, but, what is lgbt? I only have one thing I want to say, I don't beleive a law can exist like this in this day and age, love who you want, it has never bothered me. I have a gay cousin, never bothered me. If there is one thing that had bothered me is this: gay parades.... Seriously, they don't need to go and have a parade to proclaim their sexuality! Straight people don't have straight parades. Just my 2 cents... Maybe it's worth only 1 cent, but, it is what it is.... Not trying to be offensive, that's just how I feal about that one thing in particular.....

LGBT = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transexual

Well, the prefrered term is just trangender or just trans lately.

As trans status doesn't really correlate with sexual preference.

A Trans man may be attracted to men, may be attracted to women.

Additionally the term reinforces gender with biological gender, which are two different things.

So Iot of trans people get offended by the term.

Kane1389 said:

You really are amazing. I simply adore how you single out blacks to make me appear racist and a bad person.

Hey,  you're the one who outed yourself as a bad person by making the comment in the first place. You flat said you would support such a bill.

Around the Network

This thread = why Europeans hate 'Murica

Only in your backwards ass country would widespread discrimination be justified in terms of 'freedom' and 'rights'. Religions and religious people do not deserve special treatment any more than the crazy people who believe in alien abductions or the Loch Ness monster.

Sorry to break it to you; but if you believe in a god, you are retarded. I mean, seriously? A magic man in the sky? Grow up.

Teaching a child to believe in a god is abuse. Yes; I am saying that if your parents took you to church (or a mosque/temple/synagogue) then they abused you.

The world is changing, people outside of your small town bigotville understand that people are different, and that to judge and discriminate against people is wrong. Everyone here arguing in favour of 'liberty' are literally trying to use a buzz word in order to disguise the fact that they are bigoted hate mongers.

As a European it's actually embarrassing. It's like seeing your child fail the entrance exam to a special school.

But to any Christians reading this and getting angry at having to pull out their dictionary; WWJD?

Forgive me.

moderaed Kasz216

ToxicJosh said:

This thread = why Europeans hate 'Murica

Only in your backwards ass country would widespread discrimination be justified in terms of 'freedom' and 'rights'. Religions and religious people do not deserve special treatment any more than the crazy people who believe in alien abductions or the Loch Ness monster.

Sorry to break it to you; but if you believe in a god, you are retarded. I mean, seriously? A magic man in the sky? Grow up.

Teaching a child to believe in a god is abuse. Yes; I am saying that if your parents took you to church (or a mosque/temple/synagogue) then they abused you.

The world is changing, people outside of your small town bigotville understand that people are different, and that to judge and discriminate against people is wrong. Everyone here arguing in favour of 'liberty' are literally trying to use a buzz word in order to disguise the fact that they are bigoted hate mongers.

As a European it's actually embarrassing. It's like seeing your child fail the entrance exam to a special school.

But to any Christians reading this and getting angry at having to pull out their dictionary; WWJD?

Forgive me.

moderaed Kasz216

I Agree with this, kid should never be forced to learn religion, this should be a choice at 16y or later.

I learned the bible for over 3 years, and i don't see how they  can trust this, so many error, forged, and go on.

But i don't say there is no god, the probability is just very very low to me.

My girlfriend have a son who is homosexual, she trust in god, and have no problem with this or me who not trust in god, you just need to learn how to tolerate thing around you, and not make this personal.

Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Zappykins said:
Kane1389 said:

Please do tell me about this Manipulative Fascist LGBT Loby!

He's already said he would support a bill that allowed denial to service to African Americans, that should tell us all we need to know about what kind of person he is.

I said I would be OK with a bill that allowed denial to service anyone because of anything as long as its private buisness. But I guess that part didnt fit your tunnel vision so you left it out

You just confirmed what I said. You would be okay with businesses being able to turn away blacks for being black.

They are just going to attack you. Don't bother. I never saw you say anthing about supporting a bill that turned blacks away for being black. That's just them manipulating things to their advantage.

My respect for Apple just went up a whole lot: http://business.time.com/2014/02/25/how-apple-went-to-war-over-arizona-anti-gay-bill/

It's really nice to see them take a stand against this state-sanctioned discrimination law.

Signature goes here!

I need to see the bill to comment. Does anyone know where to read it?

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max