By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Much Longer Can Sony Survive On Playstation Alone?

johnsobas said:
Sony doesn't get that 180 million dollars even if you buy the stock. Sony would have to make more shares available for Sony to get any money from that. Just buying existing shares doesn't do anything.

Plus when it come to companies the size of Sony, $180m isn't actually very much

Around the Network

Also, ever looked at sony's music bussiness??

Artists under contract: Rihanna,Taylor Swift,Usher, Beyonce, Dylan, Alicia Keys, Bruno Mars, Springsteen, Justin Bieber, One Direction... I can go on and on

Well the first step would be to buy all games digital because of the giant profit margin.
On the other hand that would ruin Sony's software numbers on VGC so let's better not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

At least they have started to shed the real money drains (PC and TV divisions). The challenge now is that if a massive loss or other problems occurr; they are a considerably smaller company in both assets and credit rating to soak losses and each division shed yields less and less product volume in goods and service to climb back up towards high revenue and profit.

Still tough times ahead, they're not clear of the woods yet, by far, but they are moving in the right direction and facing the challenge head-on at least. Hope they make it, always been a great fan of their products.

Max King of the Wild said:
Dumb article is retarded. Considering their insurance is the best for the company and movies and music is usually solid and if they keep delivering with phones... sony isnt just playstation and you should be embarrassed posting this rubish

Would you invest your money on Sony stocks ? With Apple,Samsung... destroying its core business ?

Since when can an industry giant make a strong profit on musics and movies ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
Dumb article is retarded. Considering their insurance is the best for the company and movies and music is usually solid and if they keep delivering with phones... sony isnt just playstation and you should be embarrassed posting this rubish

Would you invest your money on Sony stocks ? With Apple,Samsung... destroying its core business ?

To be honest. I think now is the right time to invest in sony.

The technicals are looking very good for a nice run this year imho. That ofcourse if there isn't a major pullback 

Sony would be better without everything except Playstation.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I stopped at the title. Someone tell that "journalist" that he needs to do his research a bit better.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

DamnTastic said:
Sardauk said:

To be honest. I think now is the right time to invest in sony.

The technicals are looking very good for a nice run this year imho. That ofcourse if there isn't a major pullback 

http://www.marketconsensus.com/news/sony-stock-analysis-sne-buy-or-sell-sony-valuation-news-share

At the end of 2013, it wasx moderate buy with possibility for a Hold or Sell.

And now Strong buy it seems : http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/sne/recommendations

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Most internet gamers don't/wont accept Sony is right now in HUGE trouble. I think Playstation itself coul exist without Sony. As in acquired before liquidation or sold off. But I don't expect Playstation to be what it is today by 2020. Nintendo and Xbox are worth more than the playstation brand in business terms. Xbox is worth more than all of Sony at $23 billion for example. Sony in its entirity is worth $19.5 billion, but also has more than triple that in debt.