By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - And now d21lewis has a PS4!!

What game(s) did you get for the PS4?

Try tomb Raider at 60fps it's amazing!... I tried the Strider demo, don't know if that's your thing, but it reminded me enough of a polished version of the original (but now you can reverse your flips mid air, impressive feat), so I may get it.

and well, this month's free game on PS+ is Outlast, I think you can still get Resogun for free as well, very much worth the yearly fees (however that along with xbl gold... it's a lot of recurring cost to take full advantage of two consoles... if I was into getting an xb1 I would consider I had no choice but to get it as the box barely boot without it).

Around the Network

Good for you.
Have fun!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

spurgeon, are you still banned?  =p  haven't seen you in a while.  lol

You are one of the few people I like here! So add me D21!

I recommended that you with hold your purchase for next gen consoles but who am I to tell you how to spend your money.

Anyway congratulations on getting your PS4.

Around the Network

Gratz! I hope you enjoy it. I have been very happy with my PS4 thus far, besides the lack of minor features to be added with patches.

You should have added your psn id =p.

Why is that top picture censored! It's clearly console rape :S

d21lewis said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
And my PC has more power than all four combined. Booyah.

I have a PC connected to the TV, too!  That's the VGA cable you see off to the side above the Vita in the rape pic.....that's if you can call my 2010 Samsung laptop a PC.  I don't. :(

It's a start - though the PS4 is quite a good little media hub for the TV so gj on buying one.

deadly2choke said:
d21lewis said:

It's an unspoken rule that everyone that buys a new gen console has to make a thread so here's mine.

I left home kinda torn 50/50 between getting an Xbox One or a PS4 today.  I know eventually I'll get both--hell, maybe next month.  Still, it wasn't a decision that came easily.  The Xbox One had games I wanted to play now (Titanfall beta, Tomb Raider, Killer Instinct, Kinect Sports demo), I already had Xbox Live Gold, and I'm a fan of Kinect for the 360.  At the same time, the PS4 had the power, the lower price, and potentially a brighter future.  Anyway, I walked into Wal-Mart and some guy was buying a PS4.  I asked the cute lady there "Are there any more"?  and she checked.  There was ONE more and it was reserved for some lady that called earlier.  I told her it was fine and began to decide which game I wanted with my Xbox One.  Then she said "I can sell it to you if you want".

And the rest is history.  Now, when I talk shit about Sony (and you know I will!) or about how 1080p/60fps isn't such a big deal, I'll have the PS4 in my corner to back me up!!  I can't even play it now because I gotta work tonight from 6pm to 6am so I really should be asleep.  Either way, I got the console and I'm really looking forward to the future.  I'll get the Xbox One soon and then I'll be able to enjoy whaterver the 8th gen offers.

I also grabbed Tomb Raider and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for the Wii U.  Yee ha!!

Almost instantly, the other consoles rape the PS4 to show their dominance.  "Suck my hard drive!!" Yelled the Wii U.  The Playstation Vita watches helplessly, afraid to get involved.

With the raping done, the PS4 settles into its spot in the entertainment center.  Welcome to your new home, bitch!!

why would you want to buy tomb riader on xbone?

not trollin...just askin

Really, I was just waiting on that one good game to make me buy either a PS4 or Xbone.  I already had Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 and it was one of my favorite games of the year so I figured it deserved the honor of being my first game for my new console.  Unfortunately, the high resolution made me notice flaws that I didn't notice in the 7th gen versions. For me, Tomb Raider was one of the most beautiful games around but it's clearly a 7th gen game.  It was like seeing a pretty girl but not under the effects of alcohol so her flaws were more apparent.  I'll be looking forward to my first 100% made for PS4 title but nothing else on the shelves does it for me just yet.