By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 in 2008, the year in Preview! (Better than 2007?)

I dont know how to get rid of the space row, I press enter after a sentence and it adds an extra blank row.

Around the Network

Glad to see children will be children....

Anyway, back to the freaking topic at hand...

I think there are about 5-6 games in 2008 that will really boost the year's performance. Ofcourse GTA and likes will have there moments, but other stuff like Huxley might create some buzz...but coming out later than PC version, so it's not going to be in 2008...I think. For this year, Halo Wars, Gears 2, Too Human look to be blowouts...I like the look of Alan Wake, but I need to see more. The potential Epic deal can't be downplayed either...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Get rid of the 2007 info and you should be sweet

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Slimebeast said:
How? Any tips?

dont know about your keyboard but mine has a button that deletes text

It wont be better than 2007, Sony  have Home coming out ,in-game messaging, the download of blu-ray 2, MGS4, Still have free online gaming, will also rummord have online HD films this year, if i was somone who was bothered by make and wanted to go for the best package, ps3 all the way, my grandad just bought a ps3 didnt tell him too he just did cause of the blu-ray player, wonder how many others will do the same

Great...glad you love PS3...hope it has a great year, but to say 360 won't have as good a year becasue of PS3 is a stupid statement. There's no other polite way to say it...360 is going to probably going to sell another 10 million consoles in 2008, which will put it over the original Xbox...that in of itself is a huge accomplishment for 2008. I don't see tons of 360 fans NOT buying games, because PS3 is having a good year...that's like saying Wii is going to prevent PS3 and 360 owners from buying games...WTF sense does that make?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

@heruamon: I don't see anything in your original post about having people post PS3 games lists to compare exclusives etc. yet somehow people came in here and threw some flames to start a war. It's pretty sad that in another topic that was purposely set up to flame on another console people around here were pretty laid back about it and turned the tables around by changing the topic. Yet this one which obviously isn't trying to start a war has. 

I don't know what happened here... it's like someone dropped an A-bomb and we've now got fall out.

Anyway it's looking like another great year for the 360, so it'll make things interesting. I'm hoping for some cool stuff at the GDC from Microsoft. I'm surprised there isn't a thread dedicated to the cool thing under the curtain. What do you think that might be?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

ultraslick said:
Legend11 said:
ultraslick said:
Legend11 said:
@kingofwale

What exclusives are you talking about? Almost all the ones worth stealing like Grand Theft Auto 4 and Resident Evil 5 are already going to appear on 360 (and GTA 4 with exclusive episodes as well).

As for the rest...

Metal Gear Solid 4 - The game's codec is truly annoying, and after trying Metal Gear Solid 2 I realized the game's storyline was going to be even worse. I'll take Gears of War 2 anyday over it.

Little Big Planet - The concept seemed really interesting until I saw the horrible gameplay. I'll take Banjo Kazooie 3 over it even without knowing what the gameplay is like, it can't be worse.

Gran Turismo 5 - Are they really charging people for a demo of the game? LOL. On 360 we've had Forza Motorsport 2 to play for awhile and I'm sure Forza Mortorsport 3 will be kick ass.

Afrika - LOLOLOLOL.. HAHAHAHAHA.. Sorry that's all I can think of saying about that one...

Killzone 2 - Well considering how amazing Killzone 1 was I can see why all the PS3 fanboys are hyped... Umm.. Yeah... Is there anyone really excited about this one that isn't a PS3 fanboy, seriously.

Resistance 2 - Actually looks interesting, I guess with the dought of shooters we should all be thanking the gaming gods for this one. Wait... There's like 25+ shooters coming out this year right? Yeah I think the genre is already well covered...

God of War 3 - 2009... By then there should be more than enough 360 games to compete.. If I wanted to get my action fix in this year I have Ninja Gaiden 2 and others...

Tekken 6 - It's not like we don't have some other great fighters coming already and ones that have already been released.

Final Fantasy 13 - Actually the one feather in the cap for Sony, I admit this one does look good. The one PS3 game worth a damn for non-PS3 fanboys. Wonder if it'll come out in 2008... Or if it'll be coming to 360 ;)

Rest of the PS3 exclusives - unproven franchises that most people haven't heard about to even care about.

I have always had respect for what you have to say. It took me until now to see where your loyalties are.

All I have to say is wow. Did your little brother get onto your computer and post or something?

It just doesn't seem like you is all I mean.

You're right :( I think I just got pushed too far by the fanboys. I now realize that many of the discussions on here are for the most part are just fanboys attacking each other rather than people talking about and enjoying actual gaming. I think I'm going to take a break from the forums for awhile. Take care everyone and I hope all of you have a great year, gaming and otherwise.

The little brother comment was mean, I am sorry.

Don't take a break for too long though, you are a great member, IMO.  I feel Bad :( 

Don't feel bad, I've decided to stay.  "When you're pushed, trolling's as easy as breathing."

360 will have another great year. I agree with this thread.
Good to have you stick around legend. I enjoy your posts.

Get use to people bashing 360 though - doesn't really matter cause I love playing games on 360.

LordAkhenUlv said:

@Legend 11

Haha, wonderful, now i know what an xbot is! Thank you for showing me new depths and visions of a world where you actually think that your 360 is going to have a better year than 2007! PLEASE, something better than Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Bioshock? Stop talking out of your ass

- Metal Gear Solid 4 - The codec is annoying so youre going to pick gears of war 2 over it...you know what im not even going to get into that argument, because there isnt one, youre just batting at a string

- Little Big Planet - uh...once again, you tested the game and you have it in gold disk version right? Cause otherwise you wouldnt be spewing your fake science, and especially picking Banjo and Kazooie 3 over it when there is NOTHING on the game

- Gran Turismo 5 - Not a demo, but a prologue game, and well worth the money to enjoy it. Forza Motorsport? Good game, B-Class compared to many others. Please we are talking Gran Turismo here...

- Killzone 2 & Resistance 2 - I dont care much about shooters so im not going to make a point here

- God of War 3 - Seeing the quality of the other games, quite frankly, it will blow whatever is in your head (in terms of competing games) out of the water...

- Tekken 6 - once again, shut it, what great fighters DO YOU (its funny you use this "we" thing, are you creating games for the 360?) have coming out? If you say Soul Calibur 4 then im just going to say Darth Vader

- Final Fantasy XIII - Yeah, at least youre not completely blind

and about your list

Grand Theft Auto 4
Gears of War 2
Alan Wake

Too Human
Ninja Gaiden 2
Fable 2
Banjo Kazooie 3

Fallout 3
Mercenaries 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Tom Clancy's Endware
Bionic Commando
Borderlands
Brutal Legend
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (not sure on this one)
Dead Space
Elveon
Silent Hill 5
Soul Calibur 4
Prototype

Thats not a better year than 2007, because the top games are multi platform, enough

Edit - "AFRIKA LOL HAHAHA!!11!" wow, now i see with what im discussing with.

Edit 2 - Unproven franchises, what the hell do you think your list contains?

All those bolded games are exclusives, and they comprise most of the list of top games, actually.

Like I've said before, all 3 current consoles have amazing lineups this year.  PS3 and Wii's lineup will definitely be greater than that of their first year.  The 360 had one of the best lineups ever last year, but this year definitely has the 'potential' to be even better.  But what I'd like to know is: Why are we even talking about any other consoles when the OP was about the 360's year alone?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
kingofwale said:
>And many other great games make this a year that will rival if not surpass last year.

again, in a direct competition with PS3, Exclusives are what makes a potential owner decide to get either a PS3 or Xbox.

and on that list of yours. Where's the "must have" game for 360?

Last year you have Halo 3 (and the trio), this year you have NG2, Alan Wake and Too human?

And GOW 2, also halo wars.  That's all I can think of, but theres more I'm sure.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive