By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 in 2008, the year in Preview! (Better than 2007?)

Resistence 2 and Killzone 2 - Runner ups to letdown games.
Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, White Knight Chronicls, Tekken 6 (If it comes) = Awesome.

But yeah, Xbox 360 is goig to have a nice year :)

Lost Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden 2, Alan Wake, Gears of Wars 2 (Hmm)
And bring the damn marketplace to Europe, its a great service.
And then we have the ''Secret cards'' that MS are going to use, very soon.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
@kingofwale

What exclusives are you talking about? Almost all the ones worth stealing like Grand Theft Auto 4 and Resident Evil 5 are already going to appear on 360 (and GTA 4 with exclusive episodes as well).

As for the rest...

Metal Gear Solid 4 - The game's codec is truly annoying, and after trying Metal Gear Solid 2 I realized the game's storyline was going to be even worse. I'll take Gears of War 2 anyday over it.

Little Big Planet - The concept seemed really interesting until I saw the horrible gameplay. I'll take Banjo Kazooie 3 over it even without knowing what the gameplay is like, it can't be worse.

Gran Turismo 5 - Are they really charging people for a demo of the game? LOL. On 360 we've had Forza Motorsport 2 to play for awhile and I'm sure Forza Mortorsport 3 will be kick ass.

Afrika - LOLOLOLOL.. HAHAHAHAHA.. Sorry that's all I can think of saying about that one...

Killzone 2 - Well considering how amazing Killzone 1 was I can see why all the PS3 fanboys are hyped... Umm.. Yeah... Is there anyone really excited about this one that isn't a PS3 fanboy, seriously.

Resistance 2 - Actually looks interesting, I guess with the dought of shooters we should all be thanking the gaming gods for this one. Wait... There's like 25+ shooters coming out this year right? Yeah I think the genre is already well covered...

God of War 3 - 2009... By then there should be more than enough 360 games to compete.. If I wanted to get my action fix in this year I have Ninja Gaiden 2 and others...

Tekken 6 - It's not like we don't have some other great fighters coming already and ones that have already been released.

Final Fantasy 13 - Actually the one feather in the cap for Sony, I admit this one does look good. The one PS3 game worth a damn for non-PS3 fanboys. Wonder if it'll come out in 2008... Or if it'll be coming to 360 ;)

Rest of the PS3 exclusives - unproven franchises that most people haven't heard about to even care about.

I have always had respect for what you have to say. It took me until now to see where your loyalties are.

All I have to say is wow. Did your little brother get onto your computer and post or something?

It just doesn't seem like you is all I mean. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

@Legend 11

Haha, wonderful, now i know what an xbot is! Thank you for showing me new depths and visions of a world where you actually think that your 360 is going to have a better year than 2007! PLEASE, something better than Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Bioshock? Stop talking out of your ass

- Metal Gear Solid 4 - The codec is annoying so youre going to pick gears of war 2 over it...you know what im not even going to get into that argument, because there isnt one, youre just batting at a string

- Little Big Planet - uh...once again, you tested the game and you have it in gold disk version right? Cause otherwise you wouldnt be spewing your fake science, and especially picking Banjo and Kazooie 3 over it when there is NOTHING on the game

- Gran Turismo 5 - Not a demo, but a prologue game, and well worth the money to enjoy it. Forza Motorsport? Good game, B-Class compared to many others. Please we are talking Gran Turismo here...

- Killzone 2 & Resistance 2 - I dont care much about shooters so im not going to make a point here

- God of War 3 - Seeing the quality of the other games, quite frankly, it will blow whatever is in your head (in terms of competing games) out of the water...

- Tekken 6 - once again, shut it, what great fighters DO YOU (its funny you use this "we" thing, are you creating games for the 360?) have coming out? If you say Soul Calibur 4 then im just going to say Darth Vader

- Final Fantasy XIII - Yeah, at least youre not completely blind

and about your list

Grand Theft Auto 4
Gears of War 2
Alan Wake
Too Human
Ninja Gaiden 2
Fable 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Fallout 3
Mercenaries 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Tom Clancy's Endware
Bionic Commando
Borderlands
Brutal Legend
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Dead Space
Elveon
Silent Hill 5
Soul Calibur 4
Prototype

Thats not a better year than 2007, because the top games are multi platform, enough

Edit - "AFRIKA LOL HAHAHA!!11!" wow, now i see with what im discussing with.

Edit 2 - Unproven franchises, what the hell do you think your list contains?

My take on legends list:

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Grrr
Gears of War 2 - Oh yeah
Alan Wake - MMM-hmmm
Too Human - Yes please
Ninja Gaiden 2 - not my bag
Fable 2 - Over hyped, but still worthwhile
Banjo Kazooie 3 - I have a bad feeling about this
Fallout 3 - Very nice
Mercenaries 2 - eh
Splinter Cell: Conviction - alright
Tom Clancy's Endwar - eh
Bionic Commando - eh, maybe
Borderlands - let's see
Brutal Legend - pretty cool, probably no.
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - eh
Dead Space - eh
Elveon - to lazy to look this up
Silent Hill 5 - likely
Soul Calibur 4 - I am hyped about this one
Prototype - eh.

Overall pretty good to great year for 360 but I don't see it topping 2007, too bad I don't own a 360.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

ultraslick said:
Legend11 said:
@kingofwale

What exclusives are you talking about? Almost all the ones worth stealing like Grand Theft Auto 4 and Resident Evil 5 are already going to appear on 360 (and GTA 4 with exclusive episodes as well).

As for the rest...

Metal Gear Solid 4 - The game's codec is truly annoying, and after trying Metal Gear Solid 2 I realized the game's storyline was going to be even worse. I'll take Gears of War 2 anyday over it.

Little Big Planet - The concept seemed really interesting until I saw the horrible gameplay. I'll take Banjo Kazooie 3 over it even without knowing what the gameplay is like, it can't be worse.

Gran Turismo 5 - Are they really charging people for a demo of the game? LOL. On 360 we've had Forza Motorsport 2 to play for awhile and I'm sure Forza Mortorsport 3 will be kick ass.

Afrika - LOLOLOLOL.. HAHAHAHAHA.. Sorry that's all I can think of saying about that one...

Killzone 2 - Well considering how amazing Killzone 1 was I can see why all the PS3 fanboys are hyped... Umm.. Yeah... Is there anyone really excited about this one that isn't a PS3 fanboy, seriously.

Resistance 2 - Actually looks interesting, I guess with the dought of shooters we should all be thanking the gaming gods for this one. Wait... There's like 25+ shooters coming out this year right? Yeah I think the genre is already well covered...

God of War 3 - 2009... By then there should be more than enough 360 games to compete.. If I wanted to get my action fix in this year I have Ninja Gaiden 2 and others...

Tekken 6 - It's not like we don't have some other great fighters coming already and ones that have already been released.

Final Fantasy 13 - Actually the one feather in the cap for Sony, I admit this one does look good. The one PS3 game worth a damn for non-PS3 fanboys. Wonder if it'll come out in 2008... Or if it'll be coming to 360 ;)

Rest of the PS3 exclusives - unproven franchises that most people haven't heard about to even care about.

I have always had respect for what you have to say. It took me until now to see where your loyalties are.

All I have to say is wow. Did your little brother get onto your computer and post or something?

You're right :(  I think I just got pushed too far by the fanboys.  I now realize that many of the discussions on here are for the most part are just fanboys attacking each other rather than people talking about and enjoying actual gaming.  I think I'm going to take a break from the forums for awhile.  Take care everyone and I hope all of you have a great year, gaming and otherwise.

Around the Network

No legend, don't go. Just have fun, don't take it so seriously. I thought that the post was a joke; don't let people get you upset.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Legend11 said:
ultraslick said:
Legend11 said:
@kingofwale

As for the rest...

You're right :( I think I just got pushed too far by the fanboys. I now realize that many of the discussions on here are for the most part are just fanboys attacking each other rather than people talking about and enjoying actual gaming. I think I'm going to take a break from the forums for awhile. Take care everyone and I hope all of you have a great year, gaming and otherwise.

The little brother comment was mean, I am sorry.

Don't take a break for too long though, you are a great member, IMO.  I feel Bad :( 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Lol Legend11 you made a fool out of yourself. CrazzyMan anyone?

@slimebeast

shorten your sig mate..its way to long

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

How? Any tips?