By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

Assuming inventory is not an issue, I would guess 300K in the first 48 hours and 500K for the full week. Unlike the western launch lineup, the Japanese launch lineup is actually pretty strong relative to the Japanese audience. Yakuza is a huge franchise there and Ishin scored a 39/40 in Famitsu. Nobunaga and Dynasty Warriors also scored well and should have strong sales there. Complementing them with ACIV, COD, BF4, Tomb Raider, and Strider HD and that's a pretty darn good launch lineup IMO. In addition to that, the consumers don't have a decision to be made on whether to get those next-gen multi-plat games on the XB1 since the XB1 isn't out in Japan yet. So in essence these are all next-gen exclusives on the PS4. I emphasize next-gen as I understand that some of these are available on last-gen platforms.

Around the Network

I'll go with 600k! That's optimistic but PS4 has been blowing my predictions out of the water so I'm gonna high ball it (before any of them came out I predicted WiiU to win the gen lol).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

400k-450k

I don't see it doing worse than wii u but not better than PS2.

658k .. Trust me!

400k first week, 160k second week, 800-850k by March 31st.

Around the Network

585 first week

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Between 600k and 800k