Sales = Metacritic 27 8.28%

I wanted DK64-2 62 19.02%

Total:321
Pavolink said:
bubblegamer said:
What's next on the chalkboard?

Mario Kart 8.

On May 30th.

That's got to move some hardware, but I don't think it's going to be the saviour.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

It may not move systems but it moved my heart. I like what I played so far.

Not enough diversity on the console, lots of platformers not enough JRPGS :P

Surprise? I've been saying this for months now: no single game is going to push Wii U. The system needs the momentum gained from consistently released quality experiences. And maybe a price cut to increase the value proposition, which is currently very poor.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

It just looked like another boring platformer honestly. It reminds me of the New Super Mario Bros. games. Each game in the series is essentially the same game, just slightly improved from the last. Seemed very uninspired and not worth purchasing, even on a console that is already struggling with a lack of quality software.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
morenoingrato said:
Pavolink said:

Retro PR teach us that they choose DK franchise over others ones, but sales have proved that consumers choice is to ignore the game.

If you are going to bring up a Metroid game, I can assure you, it would have sold just as badly, nevermind a new IP.

The blame for the sales failure is directed at the WiiU itself, not the game.

metroid mb wouldnt have sold more games, but more consoles. DK and mario are marketed to the same people, metroid is not.

if 3d world didnt let u buy a wii u dk isnt gonna sell u a wii u too...

This,
DK hands down would sell better than Metroid, but I do think they should have focused on a 3D Metroid title to appeal to a wider audience.

1doesnotsimply

Yeah, it's a shame. Such a beautiful and wonderfully imaginitive platformer.

Hopefully it does considerably better here in the west.

Retro Super Metroid.

Geo said:

Each game in the series is essentially the same game, just slightly improved from the last. 

By that logic Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Madden, FIFA, Uncharted, Halo, Zelda, and many other series would all sell poorly.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Geo said:

Each game in the series is essentially the same game, just slightly improved from the last. 

By that logic Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Madden, FIFA, Uncharted, Halo, Zelda, and many other series would all sell poorly.

Well, by "slightly improved", I meant barely improved to the point where it is not worth purchasing.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.