By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 4 Launched in Japan!

Max King of the Wild said:
mii-gamer said:

i call bs - and say it will have a better launch

I couldnt find the thread unfortunately but i distinctly remember commenting to the people saying Ps4 has no games that interest japanese gamers that japanese are interested in the same stuff we are even though the games might not sell FF levels. Those games are just a beast. I also remember defending some people saying 400-500k saying its probably because they think it will do better than Wii U. Too many people use the word "predict" in their title though so google popped out a bunch of threads.

Wii U did well in Japan first week so Id be happy if it matches (which i think it will)

what did the ps2 do in Japan FW? Might be closer to that 

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:

I couldnt find the thread unfortunately but i distinctly remember commenting to the people saying Ps4 has no games that interest japanese gamers that japanese are interested in the same stuff we are even though the games might not sell FF levels. Those games are just a beast. I also remember defending some people saying 400-500k saying its probably because they think it will do better than Wii U. Too many people use the word "predict" in their title though so google popped out a bunch of threads.

Wii U did well in Japan first week so Id be happy if it matches (which i think it will)

WiiU could indeed outsell PS4 in its forst week but thats because PS4 is working with 1 day of sales. Also there are plenty of Japan centric games on PS4 at launch its just there is a crazy amount of western games because it launched here first

mii-gamer said:
mii-gamer said:

980k in 2 days for king PS2 ^^

benji232 said:
Hopefully PS4 revitalizes the Japanese gaming hardware market. I doubt it though, I can't see it doing much better then 400k FW and then averaging around 20-25k a week. I hope that I'm wrong though.

400k fw and 30k average a week after that means it easily surpasses the ps3. Thats fine with me.

Perhaps but that isn't enough to revitalize the japanese gaming hardware market which is down almost 50% YOY in 2014. 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said:

Perhaps but that isn't enough to revitalize the japanese gaming hardware market which is down almost 50% YOY in 2014

and whos fault is that? *stares at his WiiU*

Around the Network
lucidium said:
benji232 said:

Perhaps but that isn't enough to revitalize the japanese gaming hardware market which is down almost 50% YOY in 2014

and whos fault is that? *stares at his WiiU*

Yeah WiiU not doing so hot and PS3 is beyond its last legs. Even when PS4 comes along it cant single handedly carry the home consoles in Japan. It would need to be the next PS2 to keep Gen 8 on par with Gen 7 at this rate

ktay95 said:

Yeah WiiU not doing so hot and PS3 is beyond its last legs. Even when PS4 comes along it cant single handedly carry the home consoles in Japan. It would need to be the next PS2 to keep Gen 8 on par with Gen 7 at this rate

it does have the exclusives in Japan by default to be the next ps2 there. 

ArmGunar said:
mii-gamer said:
mii-gamer said:

980k in 2 days for king PS2 ^^

yeah i don't think it is going to do those numbers

less than 24 hours to go :)

So with less than 24 hours to go has any preorder rumor at all come out of Japan?

We had preorder numbers for America and the UK before launch. Why has nothing at all come from Japan?