VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
pbroy said:
Are we including digital download?

I guess so.

Good shit.

tbone51 said:
1mil shipped? It'll be a million seller by summer imo. Good news. i think vgc has it around 820k

Forza 5 at 820k?

Remember people, attach rate means nothing. This isn't real!

Actually, that's a pretty nice accomplishment. Even if I really dislike Forza, XBO got a million seller quickly.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
1mil shipped? It'll be a million seller by summer imo. Good news. i think vgc has it around 820k

Forza 5 at 820k?

oh damn we have it at 1.01mil, we have it overtracked by alot! *Assuming These shipped+digital numbers are counted as of this week o.O

ethomaz said:
pbroy said:

I guess so.

If true then we have it OT by alot, 1.01mil by Feb 5th. It must be off by i say between 150k-250k no?

tbone51 said:
ethomaz said:
pbroy said:

I guess so.

If true then we have it OT by alot, 1.01mil by Feb 5th. It must be off by i say between 150k-250k no?

I reckon vgchartz is pretty spot on, maybe a bit overtracked. One has to look at the article and really read what MS said:

“Forza Motorsport 5” has been embraced by Xbox One fans worldwide, with more than one-third of console owners purchasing the game since its November 22 launch. This makes it the best-selling racing game by console attach over the past decade1.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/games-forza-road-america

So 1.) This number is not shipped, but sold to customers including digital, or if it is shipped then it is phrased very misleadingly

and 2.) The number is probably over 1.1 million maybe even 1.2 million.

Also I included that last sentence because it is wrong, Mario Kart Wii has the same attach rate and that with a userbase where it actually means something that the attach rate is so high. Oh well MS PR is really weird sometimes. :D

DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:
ethomaz said:
pbroy said:

I guess so.

I reckon vgchartz is pretty spot on, maybe a bit overtracked. One has to look at the article and really read what MS said:

“Forza Motorsport 5” has been embraced by Xbox One fans worldwide, with more than one-third of console owners purchasing the game since its November 22 launch. This makes it the best-selling racing game by console attach over the past decade1.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/games-forza-road-america

So 1.) This number is not shipped, but sold to customers including digital, or if it is shipped then it is phrased very misleadingly

and 2.) The number is probably over 1.1 million maybe even 1.2 million.

Also I included that last sentence because it is wrong, Mario Kart Wii has the same attach rate and that with a userbase where it actually means something that the attach rate is so high. Oh well MS PR is really weird sometimes. :D

Yes, actually  to tell things for sure, MS should tell us which date the attach rate survey is referred to, if it includes digital, whether physical is accounted for as shipped or sold-through, what was the HW base in that date and whether it too is shipped or sold through (we know the attach rate was calculated with the latest reliable SW and HW data they had available, so some days or weeks before they released the PR statement, but when? In a period so short since launch a couple of weeks more or less can make a considerable difference)
@ bolded: YES! Sometimes MS looks like if it hired those convoluted politicians, spies, intelligence agencies chiefs and spy story writers of the '60s-'70s, like, say, Henry Kissinger, Yuri Andropov or John le Carré.    Or Maxwell Smart.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!