By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry compares Wii U/PS4/XB1 versions of Rayman Legends, pegs Wii U as winner

Despite the enormous leap in power the new consoles represent, in our opinion it's the Wii U version of Rayman Legends that remains the definitive edition of the game, with the title taking advantage of the GamePad's unique features in ways that genuinely add variety and more fun to the gameplay. Let's not forget that while this game may have been ported to a vast range of different hardware platforms, it started out life as a Wii U exclusive, built around the unique capabilities of the system. Indeed, it's the Nintendo console that offers the experience that the developers originally intended for the game, before the last-minute switch to a multi-platform release.

Around the Network

Wii U 3rd party FTW!

... maybe it's only win. but a win nonetheless.

Cue the other fanboys arguing elsewise....

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

May as well call the wiiU the gen 8th winner now

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Makes sense, it was originally developed for WiiU. The PS4/XBO versions are just ports.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

If only Ninjablade were still here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Gameplay>graphics

Or at least gameplay>identical graphics. There's no difference between the visuals or performance.

Well this was an empty win considering that last gen platforms also perform just as good as the WII U version.

But but but the pixels.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The pixels are the same, the game doesn't require a lot of horsepower to run (I've got it on PC, it works on a 4 year old laptop with mediocre graphic card just fine). Basically it comes down to if you like the Murfy stuff or not, I didn't care for it so I prefer the PC version above the rest of them, but the Wii U version definitely has the most diverse gameplay.