By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are XBONE graphics closer to Wii U than PS4?

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

WiiU doesnt have enough ports to make that comparsion. Shit just look at AC4 and Cod Ghosts. BS games anyway. Still better on WiiU. Infact WiiU is comparable to xbone

Look, if the Wii U was at par with X1 then it was would get ports similar to X1. Instead Wii U gets 7th gen ports.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Best looking console game is a Xbox One exclusive. That should give you the answer.

You mean the one with all the prerendered scenes and the 18 fps real time scene ? Not sure.

dont forget after all that, it still cant manage 1080p.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Too_Talls said:
So many numbers lol.

Really, none of that matters from a consumer standpoint in regards to this question.

it's this simple. take any multi plat, play it on the xbox one and ask yourself, does this look more like the ps4 or does it look more like the wii U version.

Keep in mind the wii U version of games have looked almost exactly like the 360 and ps3 versions. Thats not just my opinion, it's been said countless times.

The 2013 games pretty much look like the next gen versions in all honesty

Have you seen AC4 on WiiU compared to the Xbone?

Battlefield 4 says hi

jlmurph2 said:
OttoniBastos said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Best looking console game is a Xbox One exclusive. That should give you the answer.

You mean the 900p/18~30fps game? Sorry but it's easier to make a linear game look good when you sacrifice the framerate/resolution.

So you agree that its the best looking console game? alright then 

This was pretty much the best part of this thread.

And the point at which it ended.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'm not sure if this is a serious thread or a troll one but the answer is no.

Around the Network

Having both, I can say NOPE. I will let you have your little console war now.

no...I view the consoles like this: ps4>>>xbox one>>>>>>>wii u.

No. XOne specs are way closer to PS4. Wii U uses and older GPU architecture, while PS4 and XOne use the same (just with a higher-end model for PS4). CPU is pretty close too (we actually don't know the clocks precisely) and the ammount of memory is equal, with bandwidth advantages for PS4.

Wii U is a tiny box with low power consuption. It was made with cost and power saving in mind, so it wouldn't get the raw power from the other two. Even with XOne struggling with higher resolutions, that is just because they are trying to push PS4 level graphics with it (and the EDRAM is a special challenge since it's to small).

It's closer to PSONE

JoeTheBro said:
jlmurph2 said:
Well this thread was pointless.

It's pointless because the first 4 people responding disagree? Give it time.

Alright, I gave it time, my point still stands.