By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - F-Zero on Wii (The Greatest Racing Game)

Greatest racing game?

thats questionable.

I'd say Gran Turismo 3 is the best so far.

Around the Network

Back in 2003, the game got a 9.3 from IGN

http://cube.ign.com/objects/480/480123.html

Miyamoto hated F-Zero GX so it might be at the end of the Wii life cycle before we get another game, until then...

FALLLLCON PAUNCHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

no way. the Wii would perfectly suit a new F-Zero!!!!
and btw... this is the best racer on a nintendo console.

The story mode was too hard for me, I only beat 2 missions. The game was amazing though and the Wii version will be even better.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

The one on cube while hard was great and no onder it was developed by the same team at Sega who made Daytona for Dreamcast(this is when Sega still made great games and Sammy did not own them and Sega was still loaded with talented developers)

I miss old Sega :(

Death to Sammy.

I have SOOO much more fun with F-Zero than Gran Turismo. GT screams "boring yet realistic" to me. F-Zero is the opposite; If I wanted to drive, I'd hope in my 1984 Volvo wagon and go for a cruise. When I pick up a controller, however, I want to play a game

@adajio. I also spent many frustrated hours trying to beat the first mission in Superhard. And I, too, was unsuccesful.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

One of the few genuinely hard console games in the last few years, it took me a couple of months to finish it completely. Just an awesome game and i can't wait to see a Wii version.

arsenalrc15 said:
no way. the Wii would perfectly suit a new F-Zero!!!!
and btw... this is the best racer on a nintendo console.

I think they are going to hold out on it till they master the motion controls for the game (Same with Starfox). F-zero (which I love by the way) demands precision and reflexes, something developers are having a hard time adjusting. Look at Excite Truck, Nitro Bike, Sonic Riders, Indaipolis 500, Monster Truck 4x4 or whatever all suffer from steering lag.  Mario Kart for the Wii got me hopefull that they nailed th controls, but I just dont know about this one. I just hope they include the ability to use your classic controller.

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

adajio said:
Did anyone here ever manage to beat the first mission in Story mode on its hardest difficulty setting, where you have to get, like, 60 canisters in 3 laps in 60 seconds or something? I was ready to commit suicide after playing that mission for hours... (never beat it)

I almost broke my gamecube when I missed the last 3 orbs. That cursed level still haunts me, I would rather do the escape mission with Judy on very hard than do that again.

EDIT: And the worst part is you unlock Phoenix when you complete it.  

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989