By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - robocop remake worth it???

Could have seen it. Saw the Lego Movie with my daughter instead. It was fucking fantastic.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:

No, it's not. I'm 34, so when I was a kid, all of these "remakes" were actually coming out as new and fresh experiences. I feel sorry for kids these days because most of their stuff is just copying older stuff. They don't have much that they can call their own.

As far as creativity and originality, from late 70's to the early 90's was probably the best era we have ever seen. Star Wars, E.T., Indiana Jones, The Goonies, Breakfast Club,Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween, Jaws, T2, Blues Brothers, Friday the 13th, Tron, Jurassic Park, Silence Of The Lambs, Burton's Batman, Superman....the fucking list could go on forever.

There were a lot of movies from my youth that were remakes as well.  Some guy I worked with pointed it out to me when we had a similar discussion.

d21lewis said:
prayformojo said:

No, it's not. I'm 34, so when I was a kid, all of these "remakes" were actually coming out as new and fresh experiences. I feel sorry for kids these days because most of their stuff is just copying older stuff. They don't have much that they can call their own.

As far as creativity and originality, from late 70's to the early 90's was probably the best era we have ever seen. Star Wars, E.T., Indiana Jones, The Goonies, Breakfast Club,Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween, Jaws, T2, Blues Brothers, Friday the 13th, Tron, Jurassic Park, Silence Of The Lambs, Burton's Batman, Superman....the fucking list could go on forever.

There were a lot of movies from my youth that were remakes as well.  Some guy I worked with pointed it out to me when we had a similar discussion.

I'm sure there were some,but not nearly as much as today. Every other movie seems to be a remake these days. Everything's been done before,so I guess it's some kind of time paradox.

I would just pick up the newly released 4k Blu Ray transfer @ 1080p original 1987 with all the special edition DVD extras and all that. Amazon has it for 7.99 last I saw. It came out a few weeks ago.

Bristow9091 said:
Not gonna' bother watching this... ever.

The Dredd remake was fucking incredible, one of the best films I'd seen in a long time, everything about it was top notch, it kept true to the source material... and then we get a Robocop remake that basically stares into the eyes of the fans and says fuck you.

I really don't get why people like the dredd remake. I'm in the minority on that one. I honestly thought it was boring and generic. Once they got inside the complex and was just shoot shoot shoot shoot your way 2 the top and kill the main bad guy. I remember watching the movie and looking at the time alot and wondering when the movie was going to be over. The robocop movie was no different though.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
RedInker said:

Even a cyborg needs to jerk off and thats not possible with a cold metal hand.

Or...is it?

I would more think it was his junk being shot/blown up would stop him jerking off.... unless you meant jerkin someone else off? :D Robomanwhore?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It's actually not as bad as it could have been. It's a decent reimagining of the Robocop idea and does some new things with the idea.

That said, the 1987 original is just far more entertaining and better paced. Verhoven may never sniff an Oscar, but his movies are rarely boring, this one kinda dragged for bits. The 2nd half of the movie is not as strong as the first half.

Michael Keaton and Sam Jackson were good though.

Whats ppls problems realy? Its a remake its suposed to be diferent from the original, anyone comparing ti to the original is just beeing obtuse, theyre 2 diferent storys, the remake should be viewed as its own thing, and on that aspect its actualy a pretty good movie.

DakonBlackblade said:
Whats ppls problems realy? Its a remake its suposed to be diferent from the original, anyone comparing ti to the original is just beeing obtuse, theyre 2 diferent storys, the remake should be viewed as its own thing, and on that aspect its actualy a pretty good movie.

Not sure why you're asking, really.  Most of the folks who've actually seen it and have an issue are clearly explaining themselves.  Others are simply concerned that the creative vaccuum in Hollywood is contributing to a slew of cash grabs.  And even others cited examples of remakes that made sense, and that this particular one simply doesn't.  The original Robocop didn't have the kinds of deplorable issues that the original Judge Dredd did.  Likewise with the original Total Recall v the remake.

People have different tastes, that's all.

oldschoolfool said:

Has anybody seen the robocop remake? Is it worth watching. I was thinking about seeing  this movie today. Any thoughts?

I heard its fecal crap! But I never seen him, I only heard it form a friend

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!