By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
Justagamer said:

Basically. Though it will sell several hundred thousand upon launch. But will most likely not be selling 80k per week after the launch period... 

bolded: no

U never get tired of being wrong 

so, you also think ps4 will sell several hundred thousand on japan's launch?

The WiiU, Vita, and 3DS all launched with over 300k FW. If they can do it then so can the PS4. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

I never understand why people like to compare handhelds with stationary consoles.

But anyway, I can personally attest to the theory that many 360 owners jumped shit this gen because I am one of them. I was pretty certain I was just going to get the next Xbox because of my huge investment in the 360. I had close to 100,000 gamescore points and they were going to carry over.

But that changed with that disasterous Pre E3 reveal. I honestly think this DRM fiasco has had a deep impact on sales. Many people just don't trust MS after it. I certainly don't. They basically announced that XB1 was going to be less of a gamer machine.

And honestly? It is less of a gamer machine than the PS4. No emphasis on single-player blockbusters like Sony. Inferior specs, kinect (cancer), and all this emphasis on multiplayers and shooters, and cable tv.

So yeah, people who owned the 360 are flocking to the PS4 in droves. That's why you'll see a huge a sale differential this gen like the one with PS2. Ms killed their brand.

reggin_bolas said:
I never understand why people like to compare handhelds with stationary consoles.

But anyway, I can personally attest to the theory that many 360 owners jumped shit this gen because I am one of them. I was pretty certain I was just going to get the next Xbox because of my huge investment in the 360. I had close to 100,000 gamescore points and they were going to carry over.

But that changed with that disasterous Pre E3 reveal. I honestly think this DRM fiasco has had a deep impact on sales. Many people just don't trust MS after it. I certainly don't. They basically announced that XB1 was going to be less of a gamer machine.

And honestly? It is less of a gamer machine than the PS4. No emphasis on single-player blockbusters like Sony. Inferior specs, kinect (cancer), and all this emphasis on multiplayers and shooters, and cable tv.

So yeah, people who owned the 360 are flocking to the PS4 in droves. That's why you'll see a huge a sale differential this gen like the one with PS2. Ms killed their brand.

This for the most part ...

this thread certainly went places...

but damn, the PS4 is definitely taking a commanding lead, and it hasn't even come out in Japan yet

zorg1000 said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:
Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:

PS4 with 61% marketshare this week...without Japan

japan won't be very relevant in that percentage for more than 2 weeks.

Haha, want to bet? PS4 should sell more in its third week in Japan than WiiU WW that week, barring complete sellouts and lack of stock.

You will regret it. it may even be hard for ps4's japan 3rd week to compete with wii u's japanese sales for the same week.

Alright. Conditions?

sounds straight forward. I win if ps4 week 3 in japan < Wii U WW numbers for the same week.

you win if I win if ps4 week 3 in japan > Wii U WW numbers for the same week.

I agree with zero, the ps4 won't lght Japan on fire. The ps3 sold like 1.5 million a year there? Wow that's massive.....

So whatever happened last gen automatically locks in the trends of the new gen?    Great logic you have there..

I'm sorry if my "opinion" doesn't match up to yours! But if you look at the last gen, the wii sold pretty well and didn't set Japan on fire either. PS3 sold pretty slow too. I'm not saying the ps4 won't sell pretty well, but I think that Japan has shown they aren't as "into" consoles as other countries are. Now you acting like just because it's the ps4, it will suddenly change that. Now THATS even greater logic you have there..

edit: even Sony sees Japan as the #3 market, why else would they wait until February to release it in their homeland? Consoles just aren't that huge there anymore. It's just a reality.

Consoles were very popular last gen in Japan.

PS2+GC+XB=about 28 million

PS3+Wii+360=about 24 million

The huge decline in Japan is very exaggerated and there is still cleary a market for them.

It is probably not so cut and dry as that. Last gen was a very long gen and this gen probably will not be. PS2 was a monster so that gen was very good, and last gen was so long that the PS3 could get close to Wii numbers. Basically I expect a new console in at least 5 years compared with 6 and 7 years for last gen.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
zorg1000 said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:
Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:

Haha, want to bet? PS4 should sell more in its third week in Japan than WiiU WW that week, barring complete sellouts and lack of stock.

You will regret it. it may even be hard for ps4's japan 3rd week to compete with wii u's japanese sales for the same week.

Alright. Conditions?

sounds straight forward. I win if ps4 week 3 in japan < Wii U WW numbers for the same week.

I agree with zero, the ps4 won't lght Japan on fire. The ps3 sold like 1.5 million a year there? Wow that's massive.....

So whatever happened last gen automatically locks in the trends of the new gen?    Great logic you have there..

I'm sorry if my "opinion" doesn't match up to yours! But if you look at the last gen, the wii sold pretty well and didn't set Japan on fire either. PS3 sold pretty slow too. I'm not saying the ps4 won't sell pretty well, but I think that Japan has shown they aren't as "into" consoles as other countries are. Now you acting like just because it's the ps4, it will suddenly change that. Now THATS even greater logic you have there..

edit: even Sony sees Japan as the #3 market, why else would they wait until February to release it in their homeland? Consoles just aren't that huge there anymore. It's just a reality.

The huge decline in Japan is very exaggerated and there is still cleary a market for them.

It is probably not so cut and dry as that. Last gen was a very long gen and this gen probably will not be. PS2 was a monster so that gen was very good, and last gen was so long that the PS3 could get close to Wii numbers. Basically I expect a new console in at least 5 years compared with 6 and 7 years for last gen.

Why do you think this generation will not last as long as the last generation

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

A 5 year generation isn't very realistic. These new consoles cost too much to manufacture for companies to release them that frequently. They need to be on the market long enough to make their money back and long enough to get the price down.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

fatslob-:O said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yes, yes it does.

I'm pointing to signs that Sony fans are rushing to get the PS4.

You would have being right had it being november and december but that boat has mostly shipped.

Some people seem to believe its primarily 360 fans jumping ship. That just isn't logical.

Depends on what you mean by "fans". If he was talking about the hardcore loyalist then no but it's quite clear that average xbox 360 users are moving to the PS4 based on january NPD numbers.

PS3 and 360 has sold ~160 million units combined now. PS4 and X1 have sold 8 million combined. So obviously most people haven't chose a 8th gen console yet and won't until they're about $300.

Here's the flaw in your logic, you're neglecting the PS3 sold 25 million units in the US. A vast majority of PS4 sales in the US are likely PS3 users. That's simple logic.

You just keep repeating yourself and I'm gonna keep telling you your argument is flawed.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Farsala said:
zorg1000 said:
Justagamer said:
Blood_Tears said:
Justagamer said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:

Alright. Conditions?

Im just trying to show that "consoles are dead in Japan" is just a myth. And the gen wasnt that much longer in Japan.

PS2-March 2000 to Nov 2006, 6 years 8 months

GC-Sept 2001 to Nov 2006, 5 years 2 months

PS3-Nov 2006 to Feb 2014, 7 years 3 months

Wii-Nov 2006 to Nov 2012, 6 years

It was longer but not by a huge margin and sales did drop from gen 6 to gen 7 but its noth the huge decline that many people claim.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mr Puggsly said:
fatslob-:O said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yes, yes it does.

I'm pointing to signs that Sony fans are rushing to get the PS4.

You would have being right had it being november and december but that boat has mostly shipped.

Some people seem to believe its primarily 360 fans jumping ship. That just isn't logical.

Depends on what you mean by "fans". If he was talking about the hardcore loyalist then no but it's quite clear that average xbox 360 users are moving to the PS4 based on january NPD numbers.

PS3 and 360 has sold ~160 million units combined now. PS4 and X1 have sold 8 million combined. So obviously most people haven't chose a 8th gen console yet and won't until they're about $300.

Here's the flaw in your logic, you're neglecting the PS3 sold 25 million units in the US. A vast majority of PS4 sales in the US are likely PS3 users. That's simple logic.

You just keep repeating yourself and I'm gonna keep telling you your argument is flawed.

That still doesn't make your case any better ...

Most of the customers on those systems AREN'T LOYAL TO A BRAND so january NPD numbers still hold and tell us that playstation is cannibalizing xbox.