By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

vivster said:
Why such a good week for Vita?

This was the worst week so far this year.  It might appear better than in previous weeks because the other systems around it (XBO/WiiU/360) were pretty heavily overtracked in the US in January.

Around the Network
vivster said:

good week? Everything is terrible (aside from ps4/ps3) and 3ds is doin ... o..k...ish!

osed125 said:

The 360 is dying pretty quickly, and the PS3 will also die relatively fast, it certainly won't pass the Wii (well anyone with common sense already knew that).

Won't comment on either the Xbox One or PS4 because both are still very early in their lives. Anyone who says the Xbox One is doomed and/or the PS4 will dominate might have to eat crow later, things can change dramatically in a very short time, like for example, the amazing Xbox One sales it had only 2 months ago, and now it's selling only 18k more than the Wii U and Vita, I don't think anyone BUT JoetheBro expected that kind of drop.

Well I was not expecting Xb one to tank quite so badly in the USA. But it was clear from the beginning that Xb one is going to have a very hard time everywhere else. Opening in the UK far below PS4 was a first round knockout for Europe. I didn't expect it pre-launch, but once PS4 and Xb one had launched it was clear Xb one is lost in Europe.

Xb one can come back in the USA but it won't be the sort of reversal of fortune that will make Xb one competitive in a global sense.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

small44 said:
osed125 said:

Those people will get older and won't play games anymore. However the newer generations definitely will play, and prefer, Angry Birds over Call of Duty and other AAA games. Don't feel like writing it down all over again, so here is how I imagine gaming in 10 years or so

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6065264

I believe smartphones games and consoles games will cohabitate console will not be dead somes kids will prefer to buy smartphones games some will prefer to buy consoles games.

I personally don't think so because on smartphones games, kids won't even have to pay a penny for them, or if they do, is very cheap. Parents will gladly take that option over consoles, and the kids themselves as well, remember when you were a kid and you spent months saving money to buy a single game? Kids today won't have that problem.

Those kids will grow up with the mentality that you won't need to pay to enjoy video games, making consoles obsolete. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

GribbleGrunger said:
Jesus, it's approaching 3:1 in favour of the PS4 WW sales.

What do I win?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5636600

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
vivster said:

This was the worst week so far this year.  It might appear better than in previous weeks because the other systems around it (XBO/WiiU/360) were pretty heavily overtracked in the US in January.

Yes, but accountiung for the overall drop of all platforms it was a better week for it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

osed125 said:
small44 said:
osed125 said:

Those people will get older and won't play games anymore. However the newer generations definitely will play, and prefer, Angry Birds over Call of Duty and other AAA games. Don't feel like writing it down all over again, so here is how I imagine gaming in 10 years or so

I believe smartphones games and consoles games will cohabitate console will not be dead somes kids will prefer to buy smartphones games some will prefer to buy consoles games.

I personally don't think so because on smartphones games, kids won't even have to pay a penny for them, or if they do, is very cheap. Parents will gladly take that option over consoles, and the kids themselves as well, remember when you were a kid and you spent months saving money to buy a single game? Kids today won't have that problem.

Those kids will grow up with the mentality that you won't need to pay to enjoy video games, making consoles obsolete. 

Every person had differents  taste some like simple games somes loves complex games.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

WebMasterFlex said:

Pretty good...but Nintendo shouldn't be laughing...

small44 said:
osed125 said:
small44 said:

I don't agree that people who buy a last gen console and didn't buy a next gen console goes to smartphone,smartphone introduce a new model create very simple games   with a really low price the creation of this model create a new genre of gamers ,those gamers had never get a console and will never get one they will never accept to pay 40 dollars and console gamers will never stop buying console game and play only smartphone games.

Seriously do you thing people will stop playing call of duty game or god of war and strat playing Angry bird.

Not dead, no, but expectations need to be moderated. Because there are other options for kids, and some kids who would have bought a console in past decades will buy tablet or smartphone instead it means consoles will shrink this generation and only grow modestly in future generations (if there are any more consoles of the type we have now. I think in soe ways the traditional game console is doomed, if not 9th gen then 10th gen. And we will be gaming through something that doesn't resemble the consoles of the '90s, '00s, and '10s .

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

vivster said:
Yakuzaice said:
vivster said:

Yes, but accountiung for the overall drop of all platforms it was a better week for it.

everything else dropping does not make it do good though. And beside its not like wiiu+vita could sink as much as others did due to not having many sales to begin with :0