By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft’s Xbox Division May be Purchased by Amazon

JGarret said:
Given their investment in Black Tusk, purchasing the Gears IP, etc....why would they be investing in all that if they were looking to sell the brand this whole time?

They could plan to keep the Microsoft Game Studios as a third party developer for the console and PC market, or second party for the XBO. And perhaps still be the provider for the online services. It's all very unlikely, but I think that's one way it could work.

Around the Network

Eh, I'd be fine with it.

Anybody willing to spend a fuck ton of money to buy something off MS must have some huge plans.

I can't wait to read books using my X1.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Would be interesting if what came out of the talks was that Amazon will be making the disc-less Xbox One. Maybe call it the Xbox Fire. That would make the rumors of the cheaper Xbox One true.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Sale the hardware, and become dev/publisher.

But aint amazon making their own console ?

BeElite said:
Sale the hardware, and become dev/publisher.

But aint amazon making their own console ?

They were probably crunching the numbers on how much money it would take to compete and said, "Fuck it, lets spend a fortune buying the Xbox brand."

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
I would like to see that.

Your signature is literally one of the best I have EVER seen. I couldn't stop laughing for a good minute.

As for this news, I can definitely see some benefits. Amazon could create like a unified video/book/gaming serivce similar to Live, which would be pretty cool. Plus as an online retailer they have connections with most 3rd parties.

One thing's for certain, if this for some reason is true, then that would mean that everything Xbox would become alot cheaper, they would probably start selling the X1 for $350 or even less.

UltimateUnknown said:
daredevil.shark said:
I would like to see that.

Your signature is literally one of the best I have EVER seen. I couldn't stop laughing for a good minute.

As for this news, I can definitely see some benefits. Amazon could create like a unified video/book/gaming serivce similar to Live, which would be pretty cool. Plus as an online retailer they have connections with most 3rd parties.

Thanks. Yup. Amazon might be a better parent for xbox brand than microsoft.

kowenicki said:
Interesting. Doesn't sound likely but I would be happy either way.

amazon is very powerful in retail.

awful news for Sony and ninty if true....

Hit Sony and Nintendo somewhere that MS never really could, at direct retail.  Whenever it was brought up that google/apple was going to buy Sony, I always thought amazon would be there first.

Would be very interesting if true, though unlikely.

This seriously has to be an early April fools day joke, right? What in hell would Amazon do with them?

The funny thing would be if it was purchased by Nintendo or Sony though...