By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft’s Xbox Division May be Purchased by Amazon

bleh

Around the Network

Given their investment in Black Tusk, purchasing the Gears IP, etc....why would they be investing in all that if they were looking to sell the brand this whole time?

would be a bad move. all the stuff microsoft has done in the last years has been into a more hardware direction.
they even named stuff in their OS with XBOX Music and so on.
no no no, selling the xbox division is not right.

and i even think buying it is not a good move too.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

JGarret said:
Given their investment in Black Tusk, purchasing the Gears IP, etc....why would they be investing in all that if they were looking to sell the brand this whole time?

Plan (b)

The PS5 Exists. 

Not going to happen. They're probably in talks to sell Xbox live digital codes through Amazon, but selling the Xbox brand when the generation has just begun? I don't see that happening.

Around the Network

Sell it to Atari. Their track record is flawless after all so I don't know what could possibly go wrong!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

kowenicki said:
Interesting. Doesn't sound likely but I would be happy either way.

amazon is very powerful in retail.

awful news for Sony and ninty if true....

So, you think Amazon is a more powerful enemy than Microsoft for Nintendo and Sony?

I rather it stay with MS, but at least it isnt a mobile company.

If it was sony I would understand but why sell of a division that makes a profit? Especially with a lot of projects that come in the future?

I would like to see that.