By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo will rule the GDC

2d Metroid for Wii or DS

laugh now cry later.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Why wait till now if it was capable the whole time?

i think you are hoping for little too much out of the wii. it's fun, it's cheap, but powerful it is not.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

This isn't very funny...

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Yes ofcourse, and sony would announce that they can triple the video ram in the playstation 3 to nearly 1GB, and quadriple the system ram, to run in game xmb after crysis is announced for ps3 with even better graphics than its PC predecessor.

Not to mention the 360 will have a hidden 9800 graphics card inside, after microsoft reveals that the red ring was not due to over heating, but that the 360 was ready to use its hidden power.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

I'm serious, and I know that Wii Fit and Mario Kart are the only two things on the horizon for this year.

i doubt the big n will say anything mind blowing. Probably just announce a wii fit release date and give out more "people love the wii" data. Maybe announce a new brain age, or something like that. Or pikmin 3.

i doubt MS or sony will blow any minds either. Maybe killzone 2 stuff, or alan wake.

E3 will be the biggy, as usual.

That's ridiculous.

Even if the Wii can support games with 720p...

A) That isn't something Nintendo would publicly announce during a speech, or even an online announcement...they won't announce it's capable of it until they make a 720p game themselves...aka, long time from now...
and
B) This is GDC, and for Nintendo, that means talking about their development philosophy, with a hint of number gloating and I-told-you-so blue ocean strategy talk.

GDC is not the megaton event for Nintendo, they only started re-attending last year after skipping out during the GC's life.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

RolStoppable said:

This is something I have been thinking about for quite a while and in light of the GDC it's about time to finally
post and share my thoughts in which direction Nintendo is heading to for the rest of this generation. Nintendo
isn't the company that is making decisions without thinking about the consequences, I don't think they were
serious about not ever be willing to unveil the specs of the Wii (see Iwata's comment I posted in this thread).

And that's why I think that Nintendo will confirm that the Wii is capable of higher resolutions than 480p. Now whoever thinks that this alone wouldn't be a big enough announcement to rule the GDC, is right. It certainly takes a little more than that to catch the attention of the gaming industry. What could the megaton be?

It will be the complete revelation of the Wii's hardware specs and the shock that the Wii is nearly as powerful
as the 360/PS3. With this in mind many of the big 3rd party games only in development for the HD consoles,
such as Resident Evil 5, Grand Theft Auto IV and Soul Calibur IV, can now easily be ported to the Wii. This just
has to send out a clear message to 3rd party publishers that Nintendo wants to have hardcore games. Also,
to show that Nintendo is very serious about all of this, they will have some tech demos ready. No excuses to
blame Nintendo for weak hardware anymore. No cheap excuses for a hardcore gamer anymore, to not do
himself the favor and get a Wii to complement his HD console(s).

Or am I getting too excited about this? Let's not forget, Nintendo has a long history of surprising us, with the
Wii being no exception. They haven't revealed everything yet. You can't be serious, if you really think that Wii
Fit and Mario Kart Wii are the last big things that Nintendo has up their sleeves.

And the third-party developers have been oblivious to this the whole time? Come on, they're not idiots

Either the subtlest joke or the most delusional idiocy I've read in a while.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.