By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Announced GBA games coming to Wii U (Japan)

A bit silly to release the GBA ports of World and Yoshi's Island but if we get those games in Europe too I won't complain.

Around the Network
osed125 said:

Yesterday Nintendo confirmed that Game Boy Advance games are coming to the Wii U Virtual Console in April. We already know that Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 will be coming to Europe and North America. However, here’s the glorious GBA games coming to Japan.

April 3

• Advance Wars 1+2
  • F-Zero
  • Golden Sun
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
  • Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
  • Wario Ware, Inc. Mega Microgame

April 30

• Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario Tennis Advance
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  • Wario Land Advance

Holy crap! Japan gets Advance Wars 1 and 2????? And Golden Sun??? Among some other nice ones (Kirby's, Minish Cap, Wario Ware, Wario Land). Come on NoA, get the Advance Wars and Golden Sun games on the NA eShop, NOW! And please bring GBA VC to 3DS, they are handheld games for crying outloud!

They remember Golden Sun exists fuck yeah, give me four on the 3ds and allow me to buy 1+2 for the 3ds and we are in business.

Just give me the Metroidvania games and I'm happy. Come on Nintendo!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Wii U Virtual Console has 100+ titles already in Japan. I doubt we'll be seeing any of these in a timely manner in the west.

Around the Network

Virtual Console as a whole needs a kick up the arse. More systems, more software, more often, with a unified account system across 3DS/Wii U for the systems that both platforms can handle. It's all the more frustrating Nintendo are continuing the drip-feed strategy in the West when there's another drought coming. Madness.

MentalAlliance said: Holy crap! Japan gets Advance Wars 1 and 2????? 

I remember hearing that they were released together as a collection in Japan...

Advaced Wars 1 was scheduled to be released a few days after 9/11...

Once that happened, NoJ delayed te game so long that they just ended up releasing it with Advanced Wars 2...

Having said all this, I don't know how true it is...

Have a nice day...

Nintendo should add xBR filtering to support 1080p resolution for VC games. Why play an old game on Wii U if you can play it in high resolution and much better quality on PC using an emulator. If Nintendo wants to make money on VC it needs to deliver superior quality.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/enhanced-graphics-option-hq4x-or-xbrz-scaling.61527/

etking said:
Nintendo should add xBR filtering to support 1080p resolution for VC games. Why play an old game on Wii U if you can play it in high resolution and much better quality on PC using an emulator. If Nintendo wants to make money on VC it needs to deliver superior quality.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/enhanced-graphics-option-hq4x-or-xbrz-scaling.61527/

Or at least add it as an option. Filtering is nice, but some people prefer the more authentic look of the originals. I can go either way, some games look better with filtering and some I don't mind the original look.

Minish Cap better make it in the US.