By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After seeing Bayonetta 2 and 'X' in action today...

The PS4's power seems...

Better, but not THAT much better anymore... 241 15.42%

Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD! 349 22.33%

The Wii U is clearly unde... 741 47.41%

The PS4 is selling better... 36 2.30%

I think I'll be buying a... 191 12.22%

Total:1,558
ZyroXZ2 said:

I have to break the 3-quotes tree rule, because I think you just argued with yourself without realizing it...

No I didn't. I can also kill myself. Doesn't mean I'll do it. Like I said if they were extremely dumb they would do it, but it really will destroy them.

My point is that it's all business. They don't do certain things just because a certain group of people want that thing.

Around the Network
Talal said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

I have to break the 3-quotes tree rule, because I think you just argued with yourself without realizing it...

No I didn't. I can also kill myself. Doesn't mean I'll do it. Like I said if they were extremely dumb they would do it, but it really will destroy them.

My point is that it's all business. They don't do certain things just because a certain group of people want that thing.

... You literally said, as bolded above, "Because they can't", then in the next response "Yeah they can", lol...

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
Talal said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

... You literally said, as bolded above, "Because they can't", then in the next response "Yeah they can", lol...

And Microsoft CAN shut down the company and Sony CAN discontinue the PS4.  Anyway this discussion is over. Agree to disagree.

ZyroXZ2 said:
This thread, I don't even... I can't even...

Wow... *facepalm*

This thread will forever be both my baby and my curse on VGChartz, lmao

I also skimmed some pages (I really can't be reading every post, and I can see some later posts from people entering the thread late clearly lacked reading of the prior pages, which I can't blame them for!), and while there is lots to say and correct, or even debate, I want to reiterate the purpose of the thread that has been talked about somewhere in the middle...

I have never stated anything saying the Wii U will achieve parity with the PS4, and clearly acknowledged right in the very first post that the PS4 is more powerful. But it isn't GAME-CHANGING more powerful. I clearly don't think I will play Bayonetta 2 or 'X' and think "this game would be so much better on PS4". This is the point that I think some people have unintentionally admitted to. Instead of the lame Nintendo-hating arguments that Bayonetta 2 should be on PS4 because the PS4 "stomps all over" the Wii U is just beyond foolish. The Wii U can, and most likely will, create experiences both graphically and gameplay-wise that will prove the system IS part of the current generation with the PS4/XBox1. It's weaker, but not underpowered. It is wholly capable of creating the types of worlds, gameplay, and graphics that younger, modern gamers expect from the current generation with the PS4/XBox1.

And also, I skimmed past something about the PS4/XBox1 using all 8GB of RAM for games, but the PS4 only uses 4.5GB of its RAM for games at the current moment (with some PR speak about 1GB of flexible RAM that has yet to be proven). Also, XBox1 uses 5GB of its RAM for games.

I stand by my belief that this generation will NOT see the graphical leap the last generation did, the PS4/XBox1 are closer to their capacity than people realize, we will only see optimization improvements (more clever ways to achieve a particular graphical "effect" without using the actual effect, hence a smaller performance hit on the hardware, one needs only to look at the myriad of forms of anti-aliasing to see what I mean). These improvements will lend to small amounts of extra performance here and there, but nothing will amount to anything ground-breaking. Anything ground-breaking is already occurring on PCs (NVIDIA's talking head tech demo, for example), and is beyond the capacity of the PS4/XBox1 on a scale anything other than a singular tech demo, which is its current form even on PC.

... I'm so proud I could make such a massive thread on VGChartz... My Chartz cherry has been popped, no?

The power of the playstation 4 is clearly game changing though, X looks like a lastgen game next to the witcher 3 and the division, and as for bayonetta 2 it looks no better then metal gaer solid rising, both X and baynetta 2 could look so much better then they currently do, the ps4 is roughly ten times more powerful then wiiu.

starworld said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Wow... *facepalm*

I also skimmed some pages (I really can't be reading every post, and I can see some later posts from people entering the thread late clearly lacked reading of the prior pages, which I can't blame them for!), and while there is lots to say and correct, or even debate, I want to reiterate the purpose of the thread that has been talked about somewhere in the middle...

I have never stated anything saying the Wii U will achieve parity with the PS4, and clearly acknowledged right in the very first post that the PS4 is more powerful. But it isn't GAME-CHANGING more powerful. I clearly don't think I will play Bayonetta 2 or 'X' and think "this game would be so much better on PS4". This is the point that I think some people have unintentionally admitted to. Instead of the lame Nintendo-hating arguments that Bayonetta 2 should be on PS4 because the PS4 "stomps all over" the Wii U is just beyond foolish. The Wii U can, and most likely will, create experiences both graphically and gameplay-wise that will prove the system IS part of the current generation with the PS4/XBox1. It's weaker, but not underpowered. It is wholly capable of creating the types of worlds, gameplay, and graphics that younger, modern gamers expect from the current generation with the PS4/XBox1.

And also, I skimmed past something about the PS4/XBox1 using all 8GB of RAM for games, but the PS4 only uses 4.5GB of its RAM for games at the current moment (with some PR speak about 1GB of flexible RAM that has yet to be proven). Also, XBox1 uses 5GB of its RAM for games.

I stand by my belief that this generation will NOT see the graphical leap the last generation did, the PS4/XBox1 are closer to their capacity than people realize, we will only see optimization improvements (more clever ways to achieve a particular graphical "effect" without using the actual effect, hence a smaller performance hit on the hardware, one needs only to look at the myriad of forms of anti-aliasing to see what I mean). These improvements will lend to small amounts of extra performance here and there, but nothing will amount to anything ground-breaking. Anything ground-breaking is already occurring on PCs (NVIDIA's talking head tech demo, for example), and is beyond the capacity of the PS4/XBox1 on a scale anything other than a singular tech demo, which is its current form even on PC.

... I'm so proud I could make such a massive thread on VGChartz... My Chartz cherry has been popped, no?

The power of the playstation 4 is clearly game changing though, X looks like a lastgen game next to the witcher 3 and the division, and as for bayonetta 2 it looks no better then metal gaer solid rising, both X and baynetta 2 could look so much better then they currently do, the ps4 is roughly ten times more powerful then wiiu.

Also, Infamous SS and Uncharted 4 could look so much better than they do/ ever will on PS4, if they were on PC.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
starworld said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Wow... *facepalm*

Also, Infamous SS and Uncharted 4 could look so much better than they do/ ever will on PS4, if they were on PC.

the most powerful gpu is 4.5 Tflops, about 2.5x more powerful then ps4, yes it will be better then the ps4 version but the difference is way smaller then ps4 to wiiu where its 10x more powerful.

starworld said:
Cheebee said:

the most powerful gpu is 4.5 Tflops, about 2.5x more powerful then ps4, yes it will be better then the ps4 version but the difference is way smaller then ps4 to wiiu where its 10x more powerful.

Remember, on PC it will also run is resolutions and at framerates the PS4 could only dream of. And at the rate PC development is going, they'll be more than 10x more powerful than PS4 before long. Also, I'm curious, where does the 10x more powerful figure come from exactly? Sounds kind of random. Or is that a scientific fact?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Sure x and bayonetta look nice but by the time they come out we will probably get a glimpse at uncharted 4 or next halo etc which will truely blow them away with next gen graphics, but they do look decent...

they looks awesome and i want it for my wiiu

Cheebee said:
starworld said:
Cheebee said:

Remember, on PC it will also run is resolutions and at framerates the PS4 could only dream of. And at the rate PC development is going, they'll be more than 10x more powerful than PS4 before long. Also, I'm curious, where does the 10x more powerful figure come from exactly? Sounds kind of random. Or is that a scientific fact?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136756 a dev also confirmed those specs.