By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After seeing Bayonetta 2 and 'X' in action today...

The PS4's power seems...

Better, but not THAT much better anymore... 241 15.42%

Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD! 349 22.33%

The Wii U is clearly unde... 741 47.41%

The PS4 is selling better... 36 2.30%

I think I'll be buying a... 191 12.22%

Total:1,558
TheShape31 said:
larrysdirtydrawss said:
really? just watched the trailer,not bad,but gow3 looks better,honestly it does... kzsf/ryse smoke this by miles, many games on ps4/xone beat this easily

Yeah, I also think God of War 3 looks better than Bayonetta, and Ryse by an absolute ton.

In terms of performance, though, Bayonetta 2 will easily best both by virtue of targeting 60 fps instead of 30.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

man, i'm going to get both of these games, and they look pretty good, but no. The difference is pretty noticeable. Neither of these look to touch titan fall or elder scrolls online graphically. To be pretty honest I was fairly disappointed with the movement of the creatures in "x".

I already fucking said, before the the PS4 or X1 even came out, that the improvements will be lighting/shadow and physics, good lighting and shadows take a shit ton of RAM and that's where the larger memory pool comes in, and physic will open up for new game play possibilities which would be good too. The problem though, is that neither the PS4 and X1 will have enough power to really open up a can of whoop ass on the physics department so we will not see actual impressive physics in the games, but it should be enough to "wow" the 7th gen console only gamers enough while the PC gamers keep crying about how console gaming drags down advancements in video game graphics and interaction.

Also, X already looks better than RDR at this stage if you have a pair of working eyes and it looks better than the alpha videos from the past trailers, it will probably improve again when we next see it as well, I'm not too worried about it since I was mostly paying attention to how the combat worked rather than concentrating on the graphics along. "HUGE SUCCEEDED!" like wtf is that lol......

Can't compare Bayo 2 with GoW 3, one has free roaming camera at a faster pace and the other one is a static camera and much slower game play, I've demoed Bayo 2 and I've finished GoW 3, both are great looking games, Bayo 2 looks really good in person and the video compressions fuck it up because the action is so much faster than GoW 3 that GoW 3 feels like a game for turtles is what's going on there. You can't even figure out the texture details in Bayo 2 videos and things look blurry, but they are super clear when in person.

curl-6 said:
fatslob-:O said:

Read the rest of the thread Curl ...

Sure I didn't specify but I thought people knew what I was going on about. Just because the WII U supports GPGPU (Well every console that had DX9 capable cards were able to do it so that includes PS360 as well.) does not mean that you will get acceptable performance and that especially goes for where the fluid occupies a large voxel.

Wii U's GPU isn't DX9 though, it's DX10/11 equivalent. Could it do it as well as PS4/Xbone?  Of course not. 

But the 7th gen situation, where there were tons of PS3/360 effects Wii just couldn't do, has not been repeated as this time Wii U is much closer in functionality.

I think you are missing the point at this point, he asked, can Wii U do proper fluid simulation, the answer is "yes." So he actually lost a point there, as far as "acceptable performance" goes, no console can produce super duper good fluid simulation en masses, they are too weak and require hacks like "only when this object hits the water, will the water interact in a certain radius and fade out before it reaches the border" type of water simulation, which is also fine and can be done on the Wii U since no games should be doing water simluation on an entire river or ocean 100% of the time cause that'd be a game designer flaw in wasting resources. In all, he asked a dumb question, there no need to press it.

dahuman said:
curl-6 said:

Sure I didn't specify but I thought people knew what I was going on about. Just because the WII U supports GPGPU (Well every console that had DX9 capable cards were able to do it so that includes PS360 as well.) does not mean that you will get acceptable performance and that especially goes for where the fluid occupies a large voxel.

Wii U's GPU isn't DX9 though, it's DX10/11 equivalent. Could it do it as well as PS4/Xbone?  Of course not. 

But the 7th gen situation, where there were tons of PS3/360 effects Wii just couldn't do, has not been repeated as this time Wii U is much closer in functionality.

I think you are missing the point at this point, he asked, can Wii U do proper fluid simulation, the answer is "yes." So he actually lost a point there, as far as "acceptable performance" goes, no console can produce super duper good fluid simulation en masses, they are too weak and require hacks like "only when this object hits the water, will the water interact in a certain radius and fade out before it reaches the border" type of water simulation, which is also fine and can be done on the Wii U since no games should be doing water simluation on an entire river or ocean 100% of the time cause that'd be a game designer flaw in wasting resources. In all, he asked a dumb question, there no need to press it.

Did you even bother to read the whole thread before undermining my thoughts ? -_-

Around the Network
dahuman said:

I already fucking said, before the the PS4 or X1 even came out, that the improvements will be lighting/shadow and physics, good lighting and shadows take a shit ton of RAM and that's where the larger memory pool comes in, and physic will open up for new game play possibilities which would be good too. The problem though, is that neither the PS4 and X1 will have enough power to really open up a can of whoop ass on the physics department so we will not see actual impressive physics in the games, but it should be enough to "wow" the 7th gen console only gamers enough while the PC gamers keep crying about how console gaming drags down advancements in video game graphics and interaction.

Also, X already looks better than RDR at this stage if you have a pair of working eyes and it looks better than the alpha videos from the past trailers, it will probably improve again when we next see it as well, I'm not too worried about it since I was mostly paying attention to how the combat worked rather than concentrating on the graphics along. "HUGE SUCCEEDED!" like wtf is that lol......

Can't compare Bayo 2 with GoW 3, one has free roaming camera at a faster pace and the other one is a static camera and much slower game play, I've demoed Bayo 2 and I've finished GoW 3, both are great looking games, Bayo 2 looks really good in person and the video compressions fuck it up because the action is so much faster than GoW 3 that GoW 3 feels like a game for turtles is what's going on there. You can't even figure out the texture details in Bayo 2 videos and things look blurry, but they are super clear when in person.

My eyes work just fine.

dahuman said:
curl-6 said:

Did you even bother to read the whole thread before undermining my thoughts ? -_-

I did, it was a dumb attempt to downplay the Wii U and overplay the other consoles when I keep iterating that they are all nothing super powerful to start with.

drake4 said:
dahuman said:

Yeah, X already looks better lol, thanks for the pictures.

dahuman said:
dahuman said:
curl-6 said:

I did, it was a dumb attempt to downplay the Wii U and overplay the other consoles when I keep iterating that they are all nothing super powerful to start with.

Just how exactly is it an attempt to down play the WII U ? 

Edit: If anything I would be willing to argue that the difference is just as big ...

dahuman said:
drake4 said:
dahuman said:

Yeah, X already looks better lol, thanks for the pictures.

LOL are you for real.