By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After seeing Bayonetta 2 and 'X' in action today...

The PS4's power seems...

Better, but not THAT much better anymore... 241 15.42%

Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD! 349 22.33%

The Wii U is clearly unde... 741 47.41%

The PS4 is selling better... 36 2.30%

I think I'll be buying a... 191 12.22%

Total:1,558
ZyroXZ2 said:
JustThatGamer said:
'Are you crazy?! The PS4 is GOD!'

lol, but seriously, I disagree... 2010 PS360 games still look better imo

God of War III > Bayonetta 2

Red Dead Redemption > 'X'

Now let's wait and see what SSM & Rockstar can achieve with the sequels to those on PS4 before we just just how massive the power gap really is! :)

As a person who's beaten GoW3, Bayonetta 2 does show some seriously massive battles that I think may change your mind once it's in front of your face, lol

RDR........ meh........ Can't say the "graphics" of that game blew me away, lol

Really?

Around the Network

Your sentiment might change when the equivalent releases for the PS4 and XB1 around the same time period. I'm confident that the exclusive titles that will be released for both around that time will destroy the Wii U's offerings (visually). Launch exclusives like Ryse and Killzone SF, in my view, look better than everything I've seen for the Wii U - including the recent showing of games like X. With that said, I imagine games a year + from now for both will look incredible. I'm expecting Halo 5, Uncharted 4, The Order and that Black Tusk game to be visual knockouts and reaffirm the "gap" between them and the Wii U.

With that said, the Wii U is no slouch in my view, but by comparison, it's out of its league.

Party people were talking too much in X gameplay.

I don't see what's so "next gen" (well .... visually appealing) about Bayo 2 though. I will wait until I get better video quality, but even poor quality video on games for PS4/XB1 look impressive.

X has its moments, I suppose.

My problem, the time X comming to Europe, i will not want WiiU anymore probably, this should have got release end 2013.

Around the Network
z101 said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah lets wait until we actually see some PS4 games that use the system fully ... I recall a lot of "Haha, Perfect Dark Zero doesn't look that much better than Resident Evil 4!" early in the generation last time.

You forgot the main difference. PS3 has a exotic hardware and it took developers years to use its full potential. And the game budgets raised every year.

Put PS4One are practically (the PS4 even more than One) only PC's in a small box. There is no exotic hardware that has to be understand. Technically there will be not better graphics on these consoles than we had seen already with Ryse and Killzone. The game budgets had already reached peak and will not raise far more, so no better graphics will come from that.

The Wii U has the most exotic console hardware this gen by far. So the gap between launch games and later games will probably the largest on Wii U.

The XBox 360 was fairly conventional and yet it still improved drastically over the years. It was able to keep well with the PS3 in terms of exclusives. The X1 and PS4 will produce much better looking games as well. Even in the PC space, the first gen Direct X11X11 games look poor to current gen DX11 games. Case in point Dirt 2 vs Project CARS or Next Car Game.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I don't think these games lessen the diffence between PS4 and Wii U in any way. The difference is what it is, and it's fairly significant. I think they do show that beautiful games can be done on Wii U, and that the actual visual result as seen by the eye between systems is not overly significant. It's just the way it is, PS360 was already able to make beautiful visuals. 4One will make things even more beautiful if programmers put more and more effort in, but it will be in the little details, not the big ones.

As far as X specifically, the demo from the NDC was just to show the nature of the combat. It's similar in nature to Xenoblade, but with a mix of ranged and melee weapons, and a mix of on foot and vehicle combat which can change dynamically. It also involves a 4-player squad which is a nice step up from 3-player, and may or may not involve other human players. It was kind of a boring scene, but it did show that everything will happen in real time, in a vast, expansive, beautiful world. It looks exceptional, and more impressive than anything we've seen on last gen - though GTA5 would give it a run. It looks like a step down from a few titles shown for 4One, such as The Division and Witcher, however we've mostly seen only gamour reels from those games and nothing to be confirmed to be playing on a console. And basing on the Xenoblade experience, X most likely has massive zones all rendered at once, which is extremely impressive and creates an awe-inspiring experience when playing. Climbing up a mountain and looking down on the valley and village you just walked through is very cool and very immersive. This will probably be one of the best games of the generation.

And it was listed as a 2014 release in the Nintendo Financial report. I don't know why people keep saying it's for 2015 or later.

TheLastStarFighter said:

And it was listed as a 2014 release in the Nintendo Financial report. I don't know why people keep saying it's for 2015 or later.

Because unlike Smash and Bayo 2, Iwata didn't say "coming in 2014". That's where the speculation began.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Honestly, Bayonetta 2 looks like it's using a similar engine to DmC, Metal Gear Rising, and that new Castlevania running on a PC. While by no means bad, it definitely looks like an upscaled game from last gen, and still has nothing on the Frostbite 3 games, nor Killzone or Infamous.

Mind you it doesn't look bad, just a little dated. X looks like it's caught between generations - it looks nice but like it's holding back a little bit. Mario Kart 8 looks like you're racing actual mario action figures which is nifty, has the proper stylization for the series.

In terms of the poll, the PS4 is neither GOD nor "just a little stronger than the Wii U". It's substantially stronger than the Wii U and it shows, it just isn't mind blowing in its own right either. The PS4 sort of threw a wrench into things with its price point though. Nothing on the Xbox One supports its $500 price tag, it's way too much more expensive than the PS4 at $400. The Wii U has no business being only $100 cheaper than the PS4. Had Sony gone the $500 MS route, I think it may have helped the Wii U a little (though it's still a $200 console being sold for 3).

the difference looks bigger then ps3 to ps4 to me, i still think sony's exclusives along with halo 4, forza horizone look much better then X and bayonet 2, as for open world games i find GTA5 and RDR look much better then X, not sure how well X runs though.