By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous: Second son will not feature multiplayer. Why not?

DJEVOLVE said:

Not sure why all the hype around this game, Hmmmmm maybe it's just me.

Yup, it's just you.  :)

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
sales2099 said:
generic-user-1 said:
openworld mp dont work so well if the game isnt about beating hookers and driving around...

Crackdown 1 (2007) had coop. Saints Row has coop I think.

This will hurt its meta. MP is one thing, but Coop is more or less expected now.

Total bullshit. If missing "expected" features like Coop in an open world game are going to hurt its meta, then I wonder how much you think missing the kinda expected feature of a singleplayer campaign is going to hurt Titanfalls meta.

People don't buy COD or BF for the single player. Certainly don't play months after release because of singleplayer. Titanfall cuts the crap and markets itself as a MP only game.

With sandbox games, it is more fun to explore the game with a friend. Crackdown, Saints Row, GTA......weird how PS4 can't pull it off.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DJEVOLVE said:

Not sure why all the hype around this game, Hmmmmm maybe it's just me.

Yep, it's just you, my dear.

DerNebel said:
Hey wow, that news is only 3 weeks old, great work!!!

No one posted it did they? So I figured they would like to know there is no COOP.  This is a huge selling pont to many.

I'm glad it doesn't have multiplayer. Single player is what I love the most, and I appreciate the devs putting all their energy into it.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
generic-user-1 said:
openworld mp dont work so well if the game isnt about beating hookers and driving around...

This will hurt its meta. MP is one thing, but Coop is more or less expected now.

Oh that is such bullshit. The game has never had multiplayer because it doesn't need it. The focus is the story, telling the story of delsin, his powers and what he chooses to do with them. 

If MP ever comes out for it, great. Otherwise, nobody is crying over this.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

sales2099 said:
DerNebel said:
sales2099 said:
generic-user-1 said:

Total bullshit. If missing "expected" features like Coop in an open world game are going to hurt its meta, then I wonder how much you think missing the kinda expected feature of a singleplayer campaign is going to hurt Titanfalls meta.

People don't buy COD or BF for the single player. Certainly don't play months after release because of singleplayer. Titanfall cuts the crap and markets itself as a MP only game.

With sandbox games, it is more fun to explore the game with a friend. Crackdown, Saints Row, GTA......weird how PS4 can't pull it off.

PS4 can pull it off. It has the power to. The developers just don't feel the need to implement multiplayer into this series. They don't think it adds anything and will probably be a detriment.

sales2099 said:
DerNebel said:
sales2099 said:
generic-user-1 said:

You're trying too hard lately. A lack of multiplayer was most likely a creative decision rather than being limited by the PS4. Utterly ridiculous statement. Are you that bitter that the PS4 is more powerful? I'll trust Suckerpunch's judgement on multiplayer over yours since you seem to think that a lack of multiplayer is going to destroy a game's metascore. Bioshock Infinite was just destroyed in reviews wasn't it? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

DJEVOLVE said:
DerNebel said:

No one posted it did they? So I figured would like to know there is not COOP.  This is a huge selling pont to many.

You heard it here first folks. InFamous SS not having Co-op will hurt its sales and meta. Breaking news over here.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

DJEVOLVE said:
DerNebel said:

No one posted it did they? So I figured they would like to know there is no COOP.  This is a huge selling pont to many.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176954&page=0#