By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous: Second son will not feature multiplayer. Why not?

While details were sketchy at the time, it was speculated that it would happen, considering that the last instalment before Second Son did indeed try to push for online interaction. Sadly, (or luckily depending on your preferences), inFamous: Second Son will not feature any sort player vs. player or co-op for that matter.

As confirmed by Brand Development Director, Ken Schramm, in an interview by UDM, while the main protagonist will indeed meet various NPC’s throughout the campaign, the game will not feature multiplayer and will remain a single-player game.

No news on whether the user generated content feature that allowed players to create their own missions and share it with others will be making it into the game. inFamous: Second Son releases on March 21st for PS4.

So, what are your guys’ thoughts? Are you glad it’s staying a single-player game or were you hoping to be able to bash one another head on with all sorts of crazy powers?

http://mp1st.com/2014/01/26/infamous-second-son-will-feature-multiplayer/#.Uv0qhBzNuUk

Around the Network

Not sure why all the hype around this game, Hmmmmm maybe it's just me.

openworld mp dont work so well if the game isnt about beating hookers and driving around...

Hey wow, that news is only 3 weeks old, great work!!!

generic-user-1 said:
openworld mp dont work so well if the game isnt about beating hookers and driving around...

Crackdown 1 (2007) had coop. Saints Row has coop I think.

This will hurt its meta. MP is one thing, but Coop is more or less expected now.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

It doesn't need it. Simple as that. There is no rule that a game not having MP will make it less of a game.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
It doesn't need it. Simple as that. There is no rule that a game not having MP will make it less of a game.

Nail on head.

sales2099 said:
generic-user-1 said:

Crackdown 1 (2007) had coop. Saints Row has coop I think.

This will hurt its meta. MP is one thing, but Coop is more or less expected now.

Total bullshit. If missing "expected" features like Coop in an open world game is going to hurt its meta, then I wonder how much you think missing the kinda expected feature of a singleplayer campaign is going to hurt Titanfalls meta.

Great news to me. Focus resources on honing an excellent single player campaign which will always be the main reason I game. If anything makes me more interested.

DJEVOLVE said:

Not sure why all the hype around this game, Hmmmmm maybe it's just me.

Sony troll attempt #2. Like seriously. Are you that bored today?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros