By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hideo Kojima praises PS4: can render 1080p at 60fps “with room to spare”

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes director Hideo Kojima has discussed his game in a long video interview with Famitsu. He also opted to discuss PS4 and its power.

Transcribed by DualShockers, during the Famitsu interview Kojima said of PS4, ” I think, between the home consoles available in the domestic market, the PS4 is the best.

“It’s also excellent for graphics, being able to render 1080p at 60fps with room to spare. Since it does it a little better than other hardware, the image quality of the PS4 is the most beautiful. It’s the closest to the photorealistic quality we are aiming at.”

On Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, Kojima explained that you could play each of the game’s missions multiple times to try different approaches, and that the game is almost entirely viewed through a single camera shot with very few cuts, even when moving to cut-scenes.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/13/hideo-kojima-praises-ps4-can-render-1080p-at-60fps-with-room-to-spare/

Around the Network

Kojima san, you so amazing. Stop preaching the truth, someone could mistake you for a hater!

Japanese praising Japanese product nothing to see here.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

WAIT I thought all devs were saying there was going to be parity and magic fairly dust was going to make x1's GPU make up a 40% Compute power advantage? Kojima must be paid by Sony.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Yet several Sony teams still struggle to hit 60 FPS at 1080p on PS4. No wonder people buy Sony consoles for third party games.

Around the Network
allblue said:

lol did you think the same of all the american one's praising the Xbone?

Somini said:
allblue said:

lol did you think the same of all the american one's praising the Xbone?

That was meant to be satirical so yes. 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Player2 said:

Yet several Sony teams still struggle to hit 60 FPS at 1080p on PS4. No wonder people buy Sony consoles for third party games.

Those games are way more hardware intensive than 3rd party games. Infamous is a gorgeous open world game with awesome particle effects. The second part can also be said about xbox consoles.

Good to know that 1080p and 60fps are the most important elements of a 2014 game. Second most important must be a campaign no longer than 2 hours.

oh god that means we will see a 1.5hour cut scene now so he can show of his rendering skills