By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario 3d World: Much better than the Galaxy games.

Mario sunshine is my favorite Mario 3D game. Its also the only mario game that appealed to me enough that i bought it.

3D world doesnt quite look as appealing to me as sunshine did. I like the open world hub to explore. I really liked the fludd aswell. Never got what the hate was. Its the kind of thing that is necessary to prevent cheap deaths due to depth of field perception issues.

Around the Network

I jus can't live in a world that people don't like Galaxy 2. I just can't......

Click HERE and be happy 

Riot Of The Blood said:

Controls, level design and overall game play feels a lot better than they did in galaxy and I'm overall happy with this game.

And I think that controls, level design and overall gameplay was MUCH, much better in Galaxy. You said that 3D World is a solid game, and I can agree with that, but only that... :/

Each to their own I guess.

Yep.

I don't agree.

I don't agree entirely. While 3D World is a fun game full of ideas that were executed pretty well, I don't think it's better than the first Galaxy game. Maybe it's better than the second one though.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Are you high or just really stupid?

I'd put it below 64 and Galaxy 1, but above Sunshine and Galaxy 2 (Galaxy 2 just did not blow me away quite as much as others).

It's a hard point-to-point comparison, though. The galaxy games, 64 and Sunshine, and 3D Land/World are each almost of their own breed.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

HintHRO said:
Are you high or just really stupid?

Comments like that are generally not received well here, even in jest.

Ocilayton said:
curl-6 said:
Galaxy, like Mario 64, broke fresh ground and had that epic feeling of a wondrous new world with boundless possibilities.

3D World is more conservative, a fine tuning of an old formula rather than something truly innovative and new. It's still a great game, but Galaxy it ain't.

Sunshine is trash.

Sunshine is not trash. It probably has more flaws than any other Mario but it's core gameplay is the most fun in any game I've ever played. Plus it has great graphics and music. Each Mario is different and I love that and I love all of them.

I'd disagree; the controls lacked the tightness I expect from Mario, the monotonous tropical setting got old fast, the level designs lacked their usual genius, the music was garish and mediocre... about the only positive thing I have to say about it is that the water effects were stunning.

curl-6 said:
Ocilayton said:
curl-6 said:
Galaxy, like Mario 64, broke fresh ground and had that epic feeling of a wondrous new world with boundless possibilities.

3D World is more conservative, a fine tuning of an old formula rather than something truly innovative and new. It's still a great game, but Galaxy it ain't.

Sunshine is trash.

Sunshine is not trash. It probably has more flaws than any other Mario but it's core gameplay is the most fun in any game I've ever played. Plus it has great graphics and music. Each Mario is different and I love that and I love all of them.

I'd disagree; the controls lacked the tightness I expect from Mario, the monotonous tropical setting got old fast, the level designs lacked their usual genius, the music was garish and mediocre... about the only positive thing I have to say about it is that the water effects were stunning.

I liked the parkour style, and FLUDD really added to that with the bonus nozzles. Getting from A to B and really exploring was *fun* in that game, so it really tapped out the "exploration" side that Super Mario 64 set out. I'll agree that the setting didn't feel "right" for a Mario game though. Not because of the tropical theme, but because they were trying to make it feel almost "real", as far as the Mario World can be, anyway. Locations were like a plausible cartoon world, while Mario level design has always been utilitarian to some degree.