By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Important announcement regarding NPD and VG Chartz

Thats great !Congratulations ,I am happy you have resolved your differences with NPD and come to terms .

Around the Network

As others have done, I congratulate you on this development. And, as a question, would this bring back historical NA data? Also, two suggestions that I think would make some data representation work for everyone: 1) Add another category under America for Monthly. (People are so used to this I can understand why the change to weekly was not as well received as you originally thought it would be.) and 2) Add another category under Japan for Monthly. (This is completely for comparison purposes. I know I like to compare numbers between Japan and America on a monthly basis without going through 4/5 weeks of data.)

Fantastic news - it won't be long now, before this site is *hands down* the only site on the planet for game/console sales & discussion. Well done :))

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Nice job.

/Thumbs Up

Around the Network

So will that somehow affect weekly numbers of usa? =) will they be more correct? :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

It's great to see NPD and VGChartz working together for the common good of everyone who likes to follow the video game industry! :)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Congratulations!

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

That's cool, congrats!

CrazzyMan said:
So will that somehow affect weekly numbers of usa? =) will they be more correct? :)

Yeah :) it is. Well done VGC.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.