By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One loses It's Last 'Meaningful' Region

... Or is New Zealand separate? Oh, and then there's Brazil! ... And what about Mexico? LOL

PS4 thrives down under: 'Success reflects Aussie passion for PlayStation'

by Gaetano Prestia - Editor, MMGN.com 0 Comments 0 Likes 0 Views 2 mins ago Back to PS4 news PlayStation 4

Aussie gamers have a love affair with PlayStation. Just don't tell that other brand about it.

PlayStation Australia today revealed that the PlayStation range held for the third year running the top position in the interactive entertainment category in 2013.

On top of that, the PlayStation 3 was the highest-selling console for the year, also for the third straight year.

NPD Group Australia also revealed that the PS4 had overtaken the Xbox One in the sales stakes, making it the most popular next-generation console as stock becomes more readily available in the country, topping off a wonderful trifecta for the company.

“It has been an enormous 12 months for PlayStation in Australia,” said Michael Ephraim, Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia.

The results reflect how passionate Aussie gamers are about the PlayStation brand, according to Ephraim.

http://mmgn.com/ps4/news--ps4-strives-down-under-success-reflects-aussi

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I believed the only reason why X1 outsold PS4 initially was because Sony didn't send enough PS4's down there.

No numbers ? :(

ArmGunar said:

Didn't this site used to track Australian numbers?

The PS5 Exists. 

I think PS4 already outsold X1 here in Brasil, we just have to wait some weeks until they release some data

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

It's PS2 era all over again! All hail to the king!

Sony's back to where it should be, ahead.

Yeah gaps all over the world are going to grow, should be an interesting year ahead.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

GribbleGrunger said:
ArmGunar said:

Didn't this site used to track Australian numbers?

I don't know, I just suppose if NPD US give numbers, NPD Australia would give it too ^^

trust me new zealand is very much for ps4, mighty ape is always out of stock when it s replenished and eb games and jb hi fi are trying really hard to sell xbox ones from the store people i have talked too. Its crazy though as ryse is my favorite game so far, whereas killzone and knack weren't that great