By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official - Nintendo Direct February 13 - Focusing on WiiU and 3DS games in Spring

Added summary and better HD youtube link.

I liked it. Thought it was good and showcased some good stuff on both systems.

Around the Network

lol, some of the people on here just need to grow up. Its your own fault if your let down which I don't really see why, Nintendo showed a whole bunch of stuff. Nintendo is the only one who gives us this information in mini e3 formats. Bunch of babies I promise.

Cold light of day it wasn't all that bad, we had too high expectations (as always).

I'm still hopeful for Bayonetta 2 and X to hit before E3. OK; maybe not X seeing as it hasn't got a name, but Bayonetta is looking pretty close to finished in my eyes.

DK is now a must buy for me, although not at launch, but I'll pick it up at some point when I'm done with my Christmas games.

Looking on the bright side though; more money to save for the baby...

Pavolink said:
superhippy420 said:
Pavolink said:
What a big waste of time. It's clear that Nintendo is simply incapable of developing HD titles. X maybe won't make this year and it was announced last year. Zero information on Yarn Yoshi and SMTxFE. No new titles. Instead, waste the time with NES Remix.

Again DK, and god knows how much I hate that game because Iwata waste time every ND showing it. I can understand for Pikmin 3 because the last one was so many years but if they expect people will go in droves to just play with Cranky or Dixie Kong then that explains the very low Wii U sales.

I was prepared to be dissapointed, but not as much. Congrats Nintendo, you can go lower than I imagine.

They are pushing Donkey Kong hard because the DKCR on Wii sold 6+ million and DKCR 3D sold 1.2 million.    Stop acting like Donkey Kong is some tiny franchise.  You can't blame low Wii U sales on Donkey Kong at all until DK actually comes out.    If it doesn't help the console then, then it is fair but I have a feeling it is going to give a very good boost.  

No. They are pushing DK as it is the only game they find worth to push in this droughty months and expects a miracle. It is time for them to understand that bigger franchises didn't help the console and DK is not going to be the one enough to generate more sales.

It was since the beggining a terrible mistake to announce as the big Retro project. It was rejected more than acepted. It caused a general letdown more than hype. And hype sales consoles, just look at the PS4. They find funny to announce Cranky Kong as the only noteworthy news.

They were good the last year. Two Zelda announcement, a remake and the original. A crossover, SMTxFE. A Yoshi game, Yarn Yoshi. X announcement.

We cannot expect them to announce new games? Then where's Zelda U? Metroid? Animal Crossing? F-Zero, Starfox, Endless Ocean, Sin and Punishment, new IPS, old IPS?

Nintendo simply doesn't know what the are doing and sales proves it.

Just stop.  Donkey Kong was the right choice.    DKCR sold 6.1 million.    Metroid Prime 1,2, and 3 combined sold 5.8 million.  I love Metroid but it is a small beans franchise when compared to Donkey Kong.  SIn and Punishment sold 400k on Wii.    Nintendo last year released Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 (New IP, fans apparently really want new IP's.....) and made Wind Waker HD, all of which were things the fans have been wanting and none did jack squat for the console.  Donkey Kong will have a bigger impact then all 3 of those combined.     Just stop kidding yourself.   Nintendo tried too hard to please the fanboys and it blew up in their face, just like the Gamecube.  Now they are going to make more mainstream games and thats exactly what they should do.

It seems that the flow of great games for the 3DS is still going on..... Layton vs Ace Attorney, Kirby, Yoshi, Mario Golf, Inazuma Eleven, Monster Hunter 4, Super Smash Bros............ and there´s also Disney Magic Castle, Friend Collection, Layton & Azran Legacy, Moon Chronicles, Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl, Persona Dungeon Q.....

The best game library so far this generation, no doubt.

AS for the WiiU.... it was kind of dissapointing. Just more of the same and more of what we already knew. Of course Mario Kart, SSB, Monolith´s X and Bayonetta 2 all seem promising, but I really wanted to know more about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem and the ongoing Retro project.

Nintendo really should give some space for the few third parties that are still working on WiiU games, like Ubisoft, Warner, Disney, Shin´en, Mad Studio...... the complete absence of 3rd parties announcements (with the exception of Child of Light) really demonstrates that Nintendo may not be in a good mood with third parties, not only because of poor sales, but lack of support for them. And that´s just..... dissapointing

Around the Network

irstupid said:

But damn this trailer/gameplaye they showed today had such amazing music going on i might buy it just for the music.

That's because David Wise, the man behind the music for Donkey Kong Country on SNES, is making it!

And that is also my prime reason for buying it. Good level design is just a bonus for me.

Yep.

superhippy420 said:

Just stop.  Donkey Kong was the right choice.    DKCR sold 6.1 million.    Metroid Prime 1,2, and 3 combined sold 5.8 million.  I love Metroid but it is a small beans franchise when compared to Donkey Kong.  SIn and Punishment sold 400k on Wii.    Nintendo last year released Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 (New IP, fans apparently really want new IP's.....) and made Wind Waker HD, all of which were things the fans have been wanting and none did jack squat for the console.  Donkey Kong will have a bigger impact then all 3 of those combined.     Just stop kidding yourself.   Nintendo tried too hard to please the fanboys and it blew up in their face, just like the Gamecube.  Now they are going to make more mainstream games and thats exactly what they should do.

You need to stop kidding your self, why the hell do you think a side scrolling platformer will do anything of note in todays gaming world ???  Might have a small bump in Japan but ill do nothing in Europe and NA.

A metroid FPS could have had an impact if done right, DK will do nothing.  It will sale good based on the fact theres nothing else for wii owners to play for a logng time and ill review good but it will have little to no effet on hardware and sure as hell will not convince anyone to buy a U.

I'm really surprised by some reactions here. Nintando has given exactly was they said they would, and a bit more.

And for me the best part was the gameplay video of X. Yes, I agree that graphically isn't as mind blowing as the ones before it (although I still have to see it in HD), but they showed exactly what I wanted to see: gameplay and how the mechs can be used in combat. And now you can change your weapon in the middle of the combat (from sword to mini gun).

I can't wait to have it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

superhippy420 said:
Pavolink said:
superhippy420 said:
Pavolink said:
What a big waste of time. It's clear that Nintendo is simply incapable of developing HD titles. X maybe won't make this year and it was announced last year. Zero information on Yarn Yoshi and SMTxFE. No new titles. Instead, waste the time with NES Remix.

Again DK, and god knows how much I hate that game because Iwata waste time every ND showing it. I can understand for Pikmin 3 because the last one was so many years but if they expect people will go in droves to just play with Cranky or Dixie Kong then that explains the very low Wii U sales.

I was prepared to be dissapointed, but not as much. Congrats Nintendo, you can go lower than I imagine.

They are pushing Donkey Kong hard because the DKCR on Wii sold 6+ million and DKCR 3D sold 1.2 million.    Stop acting like Donkey Kong is some tiny franchise.  You can't blame low Wii U sales on Donkey Kong at all until DK actually comes out.    If it doesn't help the console then, then it is fair but I have a feeling it is going to give a very good boost.  

No. They are pushing DK as it is the only game they find worth to push in this droughty months and expects a miracle. It is time for them to understand that bigger franchises didn't help the console and DK is not going to be the one enough to generate more sales.

It was since the beggining a terrible mistake to announce as the big Retro project. It was rejected more than acepted. It caused a general letdown more than hype. And hype sales consoles, just look at the PS4. They find funny to announce Cranky Kong as the only noteworthy news.

They were good the last year. Two Zelda announcement, a remake and the original. A crossover, SMTxFE. A Yoshi game, Yarn Yoshi. X announcement.

We cannot expect them to announce new games? Then where's Zelda U? Metroid? Animal Crossing? F-Zero, Starfox, Endless Ocean, Sin and Punishment, new IPS, old IPS?

Nintendo simply doesn't know what the are doing and sales proves it.

Because that worked right?

Wii U has been the mainstream console and looks like it will sell worse than gamecube.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

That X gameplay. Geeeeez! That game is looking goooood!