By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U only 2% of Ubisoft sales for Q3 2013 (PS4: 12% X1: 9%)

That isn't very good news to Wii U owners. On the other hand, they seem to like mostly nintendo games so it will not probably matter a lot.

Around the Network
160rmf said:
oniyide said:
160rmf said:
oniyide said:
so we going to keep making excuses and ignore that PS4 and xone, two consoles that JUST released have a higher percentage than Wii U? Sounds about right.

when their other games options are angry birds, knack and ryse... i think it sounds about right

sure if you ignore Need For Speed, battlefied, COD, Killzone, NBA 2k, Forza, Dead Rising, Fifa. All of which sold well, so no try again. Even if that were true. Why did the initial games from Ubi for WIi U in the first year sell so bad? surely owners would have bought it since there was a "drought"

let's count! ps4 1st party: 1

x1: 2

when you don't have too many first party titles of course 3 rd party would be fine on these sistems

you cant even count PS4 has 2 killzone and Knack and thats off my head. and you are still moving goal posts and making excuses. What does 1st party have to do with anything? We are talking about UBISOFT. What you dont think 3rd parties dont compete with each other? I named a bunch of none Ubi games that sold. showing in fact that PS4 and one owners had quite a few choices. And you ignored the Wii u launch which was terrible for WIi U games

The denial. Its unbelievable, just unbelievable.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:

The excuses from some people are just delicious. 

Conina said:
Always look on the bright side.. WiiU performs much better than the complete handheld sector together (3DS + DS + PSP + Vita = under 1%)

Did they release any 3DS or Vita games in Q3? Rayman Legends was back end of Q2 wasn't it?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
naruball said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
JazzB1987 said:
well behaving like they did with Rayman Legends sure does not help. I mean what do they expect?

It takes a whole generation to gain trust you lost because of bad business practices and so far they dont even try they just say they try.

If the whole WiiU gen gets constant quality support then the next system might have the chance to be very profitable.

I mean do they think that delaying a finished game for half a year and cutting modes in other games etc will help the sceptical Nintendo fanbase to buy more Ubisoft games? Third party is dumber than I thought.

How many games did they release on the PS4 in 2013? How many games did they release on the Wii U in 2013? Excuses everywhere, everytime.

I have to agree. Excuses all the time. That's what bothers me. It's always third parties' fault. Never Ninty's or at least people admit that 3rd parties don't sell well because there is not a big enough audience for them in wiiu. I think most of the wiiu owners are hardcore ninty fans who bought the console for first party games and have little interest in other games. 

They bought 500,000 zombieU and sonic racing. If you create decent games, you get decent sales. This stereotype is just someone who narrowing looking at the facts without talking other things into factor.

but hey let's not question why people aren't buying a bad ports.

Agree with on point though that certain games don't sale well on nintendo system but only because the market that nintendo is in.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Soundwave said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

The excuses from some people are just delicious. 

it really is out of control, the funniest thing is they keep changing their arguments but it still comes to the conclusion that maybe 3rd parties shouldnt even bother with WIiU. Now they saying that those games sold like crap because it went up against might Marion and company? Well hell if thats what they want to say then Ubi can just go ahead and cancel Watchdogs right now. But then they'll say you have to establish a base. thats what ubi has been trying to do. LOL

ninetailschris said:
naruball said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
JazzB1987 said:
well behaving like they did with Rayman Legends sure does not help. I mean what do they expect?

It takes a whole generation to gain trust you lost because of bad business practices and so far they dont even try they just say they try.

If the whole WiiU gen gets constant quality support then the next system might have the chance to be very profitable.

I mean do they think that delaying a finished game for half a year and cutting modes in other games etc will help the sceptical Nintendo fanbase to buy more Ubisoft games? Third party is dumber than I thought.

How many games did they release on the PS4 in 2013? How many games did they release on the Wii U in 2013? Excuses everywhere, everytime.

I have to agree. Excuses all the time. That's what bothers me. It's always third parties' fault. Never Ninty's or at least people admit that 3rd parties don't sell well because there is not a big enough audience for them in wiiu. I think most of the wiiu owners are hardcore ninty fans who bought the console for first party games and have little interest in other games. 

They bought 500,000 zombieU and sonic racing. If you create decent games, you get decent sales. This stereotype is just someone who narrowing looking at the facts without talking other things into factor.

but hey let's not question why people aren't buying a bad ports.

Agree with on point though that certain games don't sale well on nintendo system but only because the market that nintendo is in.

thats all its always really been. You brought up zombi U which DIDNT sell well according to Ubi themselves, no spinning that. and Sonic which does well and its a kart racer. Funny thing is you picked two games out of about a dozen, they are the exception not the norm.

oniyide said:

you cant even count PS4 has 2 killzone and Knack and thats off my head. and you are still moving goal posts and making excuses. What does 1st party have to do with anything? We are talking about UBISOFT. What you dont think 3rd parties dont compete with each other? I named a bunch of none Ubi games that sold. showing in fact that PS4 and one owners had quite a few choices. And you ignored the Wii u launch which was terrible for WIi U games

1st party has everything to do with this subject, if ps4 had at least more than 5 first party titles, people would be chossen these games over 3rd party... Of course if their 1st party games could bring something that you don't get in 3rd party games, because killzone is just FPS that people only play the multiplayer, just like cod and battlefield. Forza is just another race game just like NFS, so assuming that people buy 4 games when they buy their brand new console, choosing a FPS, a race and a sport game would have left one spot for a game that has nothing related with the previous three, that is Assassin's creed. 

And zombiu was the third best-selling game during wii u lanch

We reap what we sow

Not entirely unexpected even though they're the publisher that's supported Wii U the most. The games they've released obviously don't have the audience they expected on Wii U. That's not the fault of the Wii U owners but Ubisoft's for not reading the market correctly.

To be honest, it's not something that Nintendo have made particularly easy to do.