By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives Lightning Returns a 7.0

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
aryu said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Please Square, just end this terrible FF games trend and make FFXV the FF that will erect all our nipples... After playing Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, My hopes are high in the sense that the Japanese Developers can still make high quality Jrpgs that have great storyline, excellent characterization and awesome mechanics... Square used the be the King of Jrpgs and I would like to see them be that once again so I got my fingers crossed..

Well since Bravely Default is by Square, don't you think they kind of redeemed themselves as the king of JRPGs?

Well, I heard somewhere (but correct me if I am wrong) that they only published it and didn't actually make it but idk, if they made it then hell yea! Although, Bravely Default was more of an handheld game than a true console Jrpg... If Bravely Default was made to use the power of the ps3 or ps4, just gawddd... It already looks super pretty from an artistic point of view but it would look even more zomfg if it was on the consoles since consoles have more power and more space and etc

It was codeveloped by Silicon Studios and Square Enix so they were definitely involved in the creation of Bravely Default. I do agree with you though. A console JRPG like Bravely would look and feel amazing. Square have got the graphic thing in the bag especially when we look at the tech demos of Agne's philosophy or FF15. They just need to get the story and gameplay balance correct so here's to hoping that FF15 can finally hit the home run that we've been looking for.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Around the Network

You should check out my reviews.  1-3 bad,  4-5 below average, 5.5 average, 6-10 good to excellent.

That's exactly what it should be.

So many times I've read a review where they've ripped it to pieces than gave it a 6/10. A 6/10 for a movie would be decent.

Dead Island was a shit game yet has a 7.1 on metacritic which labels it as mixed and then you have The Avengers movie has a 6.9...the same film that has a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes and people really enjoyed. And somehow that 6.9 is labelled as a positive response.

A203D said:
Runa216 said:
etking said:
Hopefully FFXVI will bring the series back to the roots. I did not buy any title after FFXII (which I'm enjoying in HD on emulator right now for the very first time, although I bought it back in the day but never really played it) and found the FFXIV ARR beta to be a horrible WoW clone with stupid quests and unworthy of carrying the name Final Fantasy.

I also strongly dislike Kingdom Harts because I hate mindless button mashing action games so I will not buy FFXV either.

There is just so, SO much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start...

Aren't you the individual who reviewed F13-2? Will you also be reviewing Lightning Returns?

I'd like to, but the publisher didn't give me a review copy (Surprise surprise) and I just moved so I have NO spare cash to pick it up.  I just can't justify it as it is. 

I'd say that's good for you guys, but that just means nobody on our team will review it, so it won't get a review. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

I'd like to, but the publisher didn't give me a review copy (Surprise surprise) and I just moved so I have NO spare cash to pick it up.  I just can't justify it as it is. 

I'd say that's good for you guys, but that just means nobody on our team will review it, so it won't get a review. 

Well I was hoping for an honest apprasial of the game, which I think someone like you would have given, more so than Eurogamer it seems.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you; I'm almost certain this game will hit the bargain bin within a few weeks. Hopefully by that point we can look foward to a review that takes no prisoners and pulls no punches.

Runa216 said:

YYYYYAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
A203D said:
Runa216 said:

Well I was hoping for an honest apprasial of the game, which I think someone like you would have given, more so than Eurogamer it seems.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you; I'm almost certain this game will hit the bargain bin within a few weeks. Hopefully by that point we can look foward to a review that takes no prisoners and pulls no punches.

Actually, Eurogamer is often one of the best and most critical of the publications, so I'm actually inclined to agree with them. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android