By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives Lightning Returns a 7.0

Xen said:
A203D said:
I think IGN's score is reasonable. 7/10 is actually not a very good score.

The one most shocking is Eurogamer's 8/10. They are usually very critical reviewers.

It's a great score. Not overrated, just meaning flawed but enjoyable. Also little flash and dust in your eyes, like most AAA crap throws for high ratings.

IMO.

I agree the review system is in need of some reform, whether or not LR is 8/10 depends on the player. Personally I think its probably around 7/10 from what I've seen from other reviewers.

Around the Network

Eurogamer gave it 8

This will be the first Final Fantasy game that I haven't brought at launch, I did like the demo but I don't have any drive to buy the game just yet.

And also the fact that you don't gain EXP from battles really puts me off.

Meh I'll still get it. What I find funny is that users on metacritic are giving it a 0. How the heck does a game get a 0!?

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Around the Network

I'm not here for an average Final Fantasy game without party members and aparently full of fetch quests and lol you don't get experience from battles.

Please Square, just end this terrible FF games trend and make FFXV the FF that will erect all our nipples... After playing Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, My hopes are high in the sense that the Japanese Developers can still make high quality Jrpgs that have great storyline, excellent characterization and awesome mechanics... Square used the be the King of Jrpgs and I would like to see them be that once again so I got my fingers crossed..

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Please Square, just end this terrible FF games trend and make FFXV the FF that will erect all our nipples... After playing Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, My hopes are high in the sense that the Japanese Developers can still make high quality Jrpgs that have great storyline, excellent characterization and awesome mechanics... Square used the be the King of Jrpgs and I would like to see them be that once again so I got my fingers crossed..

Well since Bravely Default is by Square, don't you think they kind of redeemed themselves as the king of JRPGs?

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

aryu said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well since Bravely Default is by Square, don't you think they kind of redeemed themselves as the king of JRPGs?

Well, I heard somewhere (but correct me if I am wrong) that they only published it and didn't actually make it but idk, if they made it then hell yea! Although, Bravely Default was more of an handheld game than a true console Jrpg... If Bravely Default was made to use the power of the ps3 or ps4, just gawddd... It already looks super pretty from an artistic point of view but it would look even more zomfg if it was on the consoles since consoles have more power and more space and etc

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Its probably more deserving of that 7 now then FF13 was of it's 8.9 in 2010.

To get a 7 in 2014 on last gen systems for an already mediocre series of games is pretty good I'd say. fans of ff13 series should have a really good time with it.

You won't catch me wasting time on it though. Tried playing 13-2 and it was just awful. No thanks.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords