By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives Lightning Returns a 7.0

You know, I'm pretty forgiving on story when it comes to RPGs if the combat is good and well paced. I will still give this a shot. I will finish what I started, I ain't no quitter.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
Why do they insist on creatig FF13 crap?

It is obvious that FF13 is not what the fans want at all. I am sure it is like the worst performing FF games since 7. Why keep making them?

Because it wasn't that bad performing! The original sold over 7 million copies. That puts at it as one of the best selling Final Fantasies, sadly.

Kresnik said:
I'm really conflicted about this game. On the one hand, I loved everything about XIII-2 and am itching to see the conclusion.

But on the other hand, things in this review put me off. Boring fetch quests; no exp from combat. Stuff like that. Not what I'd expect from Final Fantasy.

I will be picking this up, but I'll wait for it to be at bargain bin prices again.

Wow wow, what the fuck? How to do level up the cryta-something thing then? Or was that removed?

Areym said:

Wow wow, what the fuck? How to do level up the cryta-something thing then? Or was that removed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqb1VYn1nEM&t=88

~ 1.28 in the video review he said you gets exp from quests instead.

Kresnik said:
Areym said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqb1VYn1nEM&t=88

~ 1.28 in the video review he said you gets exp from quests instead.

...WHY?! First, you get no party members and now this? It's like they want me to hate this game.

I really wanna meet the guy making the decisions for this game cause he is out of touch as fuck.

Around the Network

He starts out being enthusiastic about the gameplay but then reminds me that I don't give a fuck about gameplay unless there's a need for me storywise to play the damn game.
That's what I liked about the older Final Fantasies and that's my one thing that keeps gaming interesting to me. The fucking story!

This will be bargain bin material for me. I will play the game because I want to know how they finish the story. But my guess is that my love for Final Fantasies has come to an end. I fear for what will become of XV, an all flash and no substance action game.

I'LL HAVE IT LATER TODAY WHOOOOOO!!!!!

By the way, I don't want to read reviews not to get spoiled but how's the time limit apsect of the game? Is it annoying? I usually don't like time limits (like in Majora's Mask or Breath of Fire V) so I hope it's not a problem!

Oh I found my answer from the Gamespot review:

"Time mechanic clashes with exploration, story, and progression"

:(

BasilZero said:
Boutros said:
Oh I found my answer from the Gamespot review:

"Time mechanic clashes with exploration, story, and progression"

:(

Yep as expected thanks to that mechanic - the game is exactly like Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter where it had exploration, Story and progression suffer as well.

The score of 7.0 makes sense for me.

Anyways, I'll get my copy of the game sometime later when it hits $20 :P.

I don't really see the problem of a time mechanic that gives you as much days as this one. You have plenty of time to do tons of things, and keep progressing on the story. Yes, you will be forced to New Game + if you want to discover EVERYTHING, but still, it gives you a lot to do before the countdown reachs zero! :P