By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Camping in shooters

shooters with game modes with objectives like collect the tags.. yeah camping is really dumb. you're not doing the objective.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Camping as in sniping people I don't have a problem with, its a legit tactic, though usually not a fun one (which is why I don't do it). Spawn camping however is f'ing b*llsh*t and I hope anyone that does it burns in eternal hellfire. Why? Because its a death you have little control of in some games, you can know exactly where they are but because they've got their aim honed, unless the map allows several ways of getting out that aren't in the campers arc of aim then you've got no choice but to do a suicide run.

I laugh at the people who complain about campers. "Hey stop camping you unskilled idiot". My response? "You know where to find me so why is it so hard to kill me?" lol.

I hardly ever camp unless I'm in the mood to just completely wipe the floor against my competition. Camping is not for noobs, running out into the middle of the map is for noobs but camping is for the strategists who take advantage of a very thorough method of getting kills as well as protecting your back with familiar walls/open spaces/cars etc...

A_C_E said:
I laugh at the people who complain about campers. "Hey stop camping you unskilled idiot". My response? "You know where to find me so why is it so hard to kill me?" lol.

I hardly ever camp unless I'm in the mood to just completely wipe the floor against my competition. Camping is not for noobs, running out into the middle of the map is for noobs but camping is for the strategists who take advantage of a very thorough method of getting kills as well as protecting your back with familiar walls/open spaces/cars etc...

That will be one boring game where everyone is not a "noob". Everyone will just camp, nobody will confront one another.

I personally hate lobbies like that where I have to go the extra mile just to find people. Its really boring for me, otherwise I'd find a nice corner to park my butt and pick off an unexpected passerby. I can't do it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

That's why I play arena shooters like Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament. Campers barely get a  chance to do a damn thing and if you try to camp, you get your ass handed to you. Plain and simple.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Serious_frusting said:
Well its like getting upset for falling for the same trap over and over. You just have to get used to the maps.

Also a good map does not leave room for "campers"

Not for military shooters.

I just said a good map. Like the fella above me said. Arena shooters dont let you camp at all. Good level design.

Unreal T is a good example of well designed multi player levels.

Thats why I think i can never get into military shooters online. I cant be arsed to play with bots to get to know the online levels but i also hate getting shot out of nowhere when trying to learn a map. I get bored before I learn the maps. 

I was having a game of Killzone SF. It was a death match and i went like for what felt like 2 mins without seeing a single person. In that time I hardly seen a death so i just assumed people were just camping. I got head shot and thought toss this im bored and just turned it off.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

It has to do with some sort of mental disorder or smnthng
Campers have the necesity to reafirm themselves being the highest killers and showing supposedly "better" skills.

have anice play using your tricks MR. camper, ill just play and have fun killing and being killed

Well, the Sniper Rifle was not designed for you to run around and shoot people in the face point-blank with it.

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

So I have noticed that a lot of gamers hate campers. Please explain to me why camping is not a legitimate way of playing a shooter.

It depends, it is a legit way to play at times, like when you are defending. Some people just complain over everything in online shooters.

BUT, what is crappy is when you have objectives in a team based mode, and instead of helping the team and go for objectives, some clown sits back and camps the whole match to up his k/d, that is when it is BS. Also spawn camping deserves to be called out.

Not all camping is bad, but some is, really depends on the mode/game.

Camping is a negative spin on it.

It's called monitoring or holding down a position. These guys are have high kill streaks set so they can help the entire team with like VTOLs and orbital vsats so they need to make sure they stay alive long enough and they pretty much stop raids on flag positions by closing paths. It comes at the cost that your team is being outnumbered elsewhere.

I'm personally a mobile sniper, but Ghosts doesn't have a good pistol like the B23R so it's a lot harder.

Yeah it's annoying being killed by a camper, but that's just how it is.