By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 1st Feb Global Hardware, USA Software up!

Mr Puggsly said:
shakarak said:
God this is sixth generation all over again, not that that is a bad thing.

That ended with PS2 selling nearly 8 times as much as the Xbox. That ain't gonna happen this gen.

I would hope the MS makes some moves to make sure the X1 can move 80 million units like the 360. That ensures great 3rd party support.

At this point even if XB1 sells only half that numbers as the 360 it is guaranteed to get equal third party support with the PS4. The only exception would be niche Japanese JRPG which I assume will remain on the PS4 unless MS moneyhat.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Ps Vita continues to struggle....
Ok, the Slim Vita is coming to America, but with the same cost as the regular one? And no memory card? Heck.... I don´t think even God of War will be enough to make it sell.

Europe don´t care about WiiU and XboxOne anymore. It´s all about PS4 and 3ds there

It's coming with BL2 and an 8GB memorycard + the 1GB built-in memory for the same price as a single Vita.

Nice bundle. Good deal. Let´s see how this will help.

BMaker11 said:

haha I figured it was a typo, but it just stood out too much not to reply to it

I'm glad you did to be honest! I edited my post because, let's face it, I didn't come across as 'ambitious' with THOSE numbers lol.

The PS5 Exists. 

Augen said:
Surprised by Tomb Raider Definitive Edition sales. Guess people are willing to spend $60 on slight upgrade of last gen game.

maybe those people didn't play it last gen...like me. Granted, I'm not going to buy it, just rent it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

pezus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Tomb Raider: DE is selling like old "updated" ports did on Wii U. I wonder if 3rd parties will cancel future projects or delay them?

On the plus side, next gen is doing well. Even old Wii U is up measurably over last year, showing some life. The death of XB360 is helping.

Arkham City did 29k. ACIII did 26k. Tekken Tag 2 did 11k. ME3 did 14k. 

And this is WiiU's best region by far (both software and hardware). The European numbers for TR should be good as well, while for those WiiU titles they were abysmal at best in almost all cases.

So you're saying the Wii U late ports actually did BETTER than the late port on One?  Wow.  There really is no market for AAA, mature 3rd party titles on that system.  People only buy XBox One's for 1st party titles.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

TheLastStarFighter said:

Tomb Raider: DE is selling like old "updated" ports did on Wii U. I wonder if 3rd parties will cancel future projects or delay them?

Err...

Batman Arkham City is the best selling updated WiiU port I can find in the DB.  It sold 33k globally first week.  Tomb Raider sold 60k in the USA, first week (or you can divide them by platform, if you prefer).  We know that it got another 27k (or you can divide them by platform, if you prefer) from the UK alone.  I don't really see how that's selling like old "updated" ports did on WiiU.

Yes, I see no reason why you would combine platforms, so you should divide.  There were several Wii U late ports that did very similar to Tomb Raider.  They did a little better than TR on One, worse than PS4 but in the same ballpark.

My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but the point is real: Old ports of PS360 games aren't going to sell well.  3rd parties blamed Wii U for it, but really the result is not unique to that system.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Kresnik said:

TheLastStarFighter said:

Err...

Batman Arkham City is the best selling updated WiiU port I can find in the DB.  It sold 33k globally first week.  Tomb Raider sold 60k in the USA, first week (or you can divide them by platform, if you prefer).  We know that it got another 27k (or you can divide them by platform, if you prefer) from the UK alone.  I don't really see how that's selling like old "updated" ports did on WiiU.

Yes, I see no reason why you would combine platforms, so you should divide.  There were several Wii U late ports that did very similar to Tomb Raider.  They did a little better than TR on One, worse than PS4 but in the same ballpark.

My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but the point is real: Old ports of PS360 games aren't going to sell well.  3rd parties blamed Wii U for it, but really the result is not unique to that system.

Okay.

I imagine most Wii U users bought Arkham City because they probably never had a chance of playing the game in the Wii aside from the graphical differences, right?

While most next-gen users who bought TR:DE probably wanted to play it solely for the graphical differences. The incentive of buying a game you already played is too small for the next-gen console owners that I'm astounded the PS4 version even sold better than Wii U's best selling ported PS360 game during its first 3weeks in 2 countries alone.

Mr Puggsly said:
GribbleGrunger said:

At the end of the day, what difference does it make WHY more people are subscribing to PS+?

I was clarifying to someone that believes free games were bringing in subscribers.

Surely it brings some, but a majority just wanna play games online.

You may disagree with me.  But I have the sensation Sony used the "free games" as a way to make the transition from free to paid online less impactful.

From my point of view, it worked. 

When is January NPD?

Xenostar said:
When is January NPD?

Feb 13.