By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you need the gamepad?

Riot Of The Blood said:

Wondering how the Wii U works. Do you need the game pad and censor for the console to function? Or can I just use a pro Controller And everything be good? I'm asking because I seen one for sell without the pad and censor.

Just to clear things up... that's a censor bar:

And that's a sensor bar:

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
prayformojo said:
The Gamepad is there, you're stuck with it....it's just, always there. You can't even watch Netflix without it staying on. If you try to turn it off, Netflix turns off. It's beyond stupid why they didn't put a button on the thing to turn the screen off.

Other than that, it's a great. It took some getting use to, but now it feels just fine.

Press the home button, select the controller settings, turn the Gamepad screen off. Naturally, the Gamepad will still drain bits of its battery, but if turning the screen off is all you want, then that's possible.

Yeah, you can turn the screen off and play with the Wiimote etc, but what about Youtube and Netflix? What about just turning the screen off in general and using JUST your TV? You can't do it. If you try an turn the screen off during Netflix, it just logs you out of Netflix.

I don't understand why there isn't an option to use one or the other. It seems like Nintendo wants us to use the gamepad instead of our TV's. There's really no other reason for this simple omition.