By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Basileous Productions Presents....Tales of Symphonia (GCN) Review!

Tagged games:

What would you give this game on a score rating of 1-10?

10 17 36.96%

9 16 34.78%

8 10 21.74%

7 0 0%

6 0 0%

5 0 0%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 2 4.35%

Total:45
orniletter said:
AZWification said:

Hmm. I will admit that I have never played a Tales game in my entire life. Is this a good game to start with, Basil?

I´m not Basil, but yes.

It is the best Tales game, battle system might feel a tiny bit dated if you are used to the newer games, but a non issue if it is your first.

Graphics are still decent, it runs at 60fps.

The GameCube original still holds up.....just stay far away from Dawn of the New World (the sequel on the Wii)

Sounds great. I have heard  many times that Dawn of the New World is very bad compared to the original. Why is that?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
orniletter said:
AZWification said:

Hmm. I will admit that I have never played a Tales game in my entire life. Is this a good game to start with, Basil?

I´m not Basil, but yes.

It is the best Tales game, battle system might feel a tiny bit dated if you are used to the newer games, but a non issue if it is your first.

Graphics are still decent, it runs at 60fps.

The GameCube original still holds up.....just stay far away from Dawn of the New World (the sequel on the Wii)

Sounds great. I have heard  many times that Dawn of the New World is very bad compared to the original. Why is that?

It recycles most of the areas, the story is pretty bad and disrespectful towards the people you come to love in the first game (think Ace Attorney 4 / Chrono Cross if you played those games) ...the monster catching system or whatever that was supposed to be is bad too.

Just ignore it, seriously !

O.o is everyone forgetting about Vesperia or havent you played it?

Vesperia is my favorite in the series. Symphonia and Abyss come after.

Nem said:

Vesperia has the distinct disadvantage of being on the 360. Seriously, it's the only reason I'd consider getting one. I don't have a PS3 yet either, but if it came out on the PS3, I'd probably get the PS3 so I could play the other Tales games on it. It's my most wanted Tales game at the moment, but I'm still not going to buy a system for it.

Question for you Basil, if Symphonia had Abyss' battle system (specifically the ability to free walk anyway instead of being stuck in a line), would you like it better than Abyss? I know for me, Abyss just barely edges out Symphonia because of it's much superior battle system.

Around the Network

Best Tales of ever created. leaps and bounds over the rest. Love pretty much every other one too. Xillia was a little bland though.

Confirmed! Nintendo games look better on Playstation!

Nem said:

Kind of torn on this one. While Yuri and crew were more interesting as characters (Raven had me in tears from laughing so hard a few times). I found Symphonia's overall storyline to be better.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"