By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally Bought A PS4 Today. :-D AKA The PS4 Is Still In Demand.

ironmanDX said:
Welcome to gen 8 mate!

Unless you had a gen 8 console already...

Lol, I did for handhelds.  The 3DS.  Nice to have a new home console, though, after having the PS3 for 5-6 years.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
ironmanDX said:
Welcome to gen 8 mate!

Unless you had a gen 8 console already...

Lol, I did for handhelds.  The 3DS.  Nice to have a new home console, though, after having the PS3 for 5-6 years.

Yeah, I got the 3DS first too. Buying a home console felt so weird at first... The 360 and PS3 are so damn old it just seems weird replacing them, well, it did to me!

thismeintiel said:

And with Knack. 

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a PS4.  Glad I did.  This thing is awesome.  Though, I already discovered that beforehand, since my buddy lent me his for a week or so.  Anyway, the main reason I posted this was to tell the story of my purchase.

I was going to wait til summer, when I switch to 6 days a week, to buy the PS4.  But, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge.  So, me and my wife called our local Walmarts.  Both were sold out.  I decided since I would have to travel to get the PS4, I might as well cross the state border into DE, since they are a sales tax free state.  So, we called two DE Walmarts nearest us, both sold out.  Then we called the closest Gamestop across the line.  Fortunately, they had stock.  After driving 40 mins or so, I walked in to see a man buying a PS4.  I looked and there was one more PS4 behind the counter.  I began to worry once I realized the man in line was actually there to purchase more than one PS4.  I was about to get pissed that I may have driven 40+ mins for nothing.  Then the clerk, after asking me if I was there to buy a PS4, went into the back and grabbed 3 more PS4s.  The man wasn't there to buy not 1 PS4, not 2 PS4s, but 3 PS4s! 

Relieved that I was going to get my PS4, I asked the man in line if he was going to resell them.  He replied, "No, I'm taking them back to Canada with me."  I asked if it was cheaper to buy them the US compared to Canada.  He said, "No, It's actually cheaper for me to buy them in Canada, but you can't them anywhere there."  It was then I remembered the PS4 that was behind the counter was still there.  I'm going to guess that most likely it was being held for someone who was on there way to pick it up.  So, within the matter of a few minutes, that one Gamestop had sold 5 PS4s.  I just thought that was pretty nuts.

Thats a neat story. Im really intrested to see what the demand is really looking like theis Japan launch cant come soon enough

Have fun. I won't be joining the club for another 4 years

Obscure Vita 2014 games to look out for

Kick and Fennick Murusaki Baby Metrico

Were the XB1s sold out? .... ok I kid.....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Why you guys didn't preorder? Got mine day one in Canada...

Congrats.

Congrats, hope it brings you many great games and hours of countless fun.

thismeintiel said:
Somini said:
Congratz and i like your taste ;)

Thanks.  I wanted to get Killzone a little more, but I have a 16 yr old and 9 yr old son, and I figured they would like Knack more.  Of course, the 9 year old couldn't play Killzone, anyway.  Still, I played the demo for Knack and thought it was a great old school platformer, so I was going to get it eventually if not today.

You have a 16 yr old son? Your profile says you're 29 years old though. Were you gettin' that busy at 13 years old??

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

ironmanDX said:

Yeah, I got the 3DS first too. Buying a home console felt so weird at first... The 360 and PS3 are so damn old it just seems weird replacing them, well, it did to me!

Yea, it does seem weird replacing it.  Though, I do intend to still play the PS3 often.  It seems like it has both been too long of a gen and also too short.

Darkjolly said:
Have fun. I won't be joining the club for another 4 years

Holy crap! Why so long?

bigjon said:
Were the XB1s sold out? .... ok I kid.....

Lol. Honestly, I didn't even think to look.  Though, what did shock me was that it was the first store I had gone to that actually had a working Xbox One Demo Station.  Everywhere I had gone before only had the half a One that played videos.  I think MS did have production issues, and decided to use those systems as consumer units and gave half/most stores the "fake" Xbox One station.  Of course, with 3.9M shipped, the issues weren't that bad.