By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally Bought A PS4 Today. :-D AKA The PS4 Is Still In Demand.

And with Knack. 

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a PS4.  Glad I did.  This thing is awesome.  Though, I already discovered that beforehand, since my buddy lent me his for a week or so.  Anyway, the main reason I posted this was to tell the story of my purchase.

I was going to wait til summer, when I switch to 6 days a week, to buy the PS4.  But, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge.  So, me and my wife called our local Walmarts.  Both were sold out.  I decided since I would have to travel to get the PS4, I might as well cross the state border into DE, since they are a sales tax free state.  So, we called two DE Walmarts nearest us, both sold out.  Then we called the closest Gamestop across the line.  Fortunately, they had stock.  After driving 40 mins or so, I walked in to see a man buying a PS4.  I looked and there was one more PS4 behind the counter.  I began to worry once I realized the man in line was actually there to purchase more than one PS4.  I was about to get pissed that I may have driven 40+ mins for nothing.  Then the clerk, after asking me if I was there to buy a PS4, went into the back and grabbed 3 more PS4s.  The man wasn't there to buy not 1 PS4, not 2 PS4s, but 3 PS4s! 

Relieved that I was going to get my PS4, I asked the man in line if he was going to resell them.  He replied, "No, I'm taking them back to Canada with me."  I asked if it was cheaper to buy them the US compared to Canada.  He said, "No, It's actually cheaper for me to buy them in Canada, but you can't them anywhere there."  It was then I remembered the PS4 that was behind the counter was still there.  I'm going to guess that most likely it was being held for someone who was on there way to pick it up.  So, within the matter of a few minutes, that one Gamestop had sold 5 PS4s.  I just thought that was pretty nuts.

Around the Network

Congratz and i like your taste ;)

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it :D  I havent checked stores around me yet, but i will later to see.

I give that pic a Knack/10.

Congrats on picking one up.

Somini said:
Congratz and i like your taste ;)

Thanks.  I wanted to get Killzone a little more, but I have a 16 yr old and 9 yr old son, and I figured they would like Knack more.  Of course, the 9 year old couldn't play Killzone, anyway.  Still, I played the demo for Knack and thought it was a great old school platformer, so I was going to get it eventually if not today.

Around the Network

And now that you got it the demand is over. Thank you -.-

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Congrats! I hope to join your club as soon as I can afford to :/

Also, cool story bro

Xen said:

Congrats! I hope to join your club as soon as I can afford to :/

Also, cool story bro

You're right, it was a pretty cool story. 

Congrats.

Welcome to gen 8 mate!

Unless you had a gen 8 console already...