By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Reports $1.1B Loss - The Bullcrap Needs To Stop

bigjon said:
Losses in Sony non gaming divisions means as much to PS4 fans as the fact Win8 sucks matter to Xbox1 fans.

Win8 is still the default bundle with every PC sold and generates a hell of alot more money then most of Sonys divisions.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

But ya, gotta hand it to Sony fans, they are the #1 fanbase, by far, in accepting what Sony announces, downplays their troubles, believes they actually care about them, and has complete faith in what they do.

That said, their downplaying of Sony forecasting yet another year of a billion+ in losses is both commendable and sad.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Lets also forget that due to sony not being able to get there stuff together atleast 5000 people will now be jobless

sales2099 said:
But ya, gotta hand it to Sony fans, they are the #1 fanbase, by far, in accepting what Sony announces, downplays their troubles, believes they actually care about them, and has complete faith in what they do.

That said, their downplaying of Sony forecasting yet another year of a billion+ in losses is both commendable and sad.

Cant downplay mismanagement forever. Cant wait to hear what their excuses for losses will be next year since they dropped their PC and TV division.

sales2099 said:

Got to hand it to MS fans, they still think MS care about them even after they try to hit them with DRM.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Torillian said:
Lafiel said:
Devil_Survivor said:

The thing about the PS2 is that Sony fans were saying back then that graphics don't matter when their system of choice was the less powerful graphically and then when the PS3 comes out then do a complete 180 and said the graphics are the end be all of gaming and that's why people say Sony fans are the worst. 

so, I suppose we are back to including the regular fan in this, instead of just the zealot, which for unknown reasons decided to make a console manufacturer his substitute religion and hence won't allow any critique, while violently attacking anything the competition does

and btw, accusing somebody of hypocrisy only works if it's the same person saying the one thing and then saying the opposite thing once it's convenient for him/her..  it doesn't work with a group of people, especially if that group never agreed to advocate a singular point of view

The amount of people that don't seem to understand your second paragraph is really infuriating.  How can you call a group hypocritical when you can't by any means prove that the same people were saying both comments.  If you can find one particular person that said both than yes they are a hypocrit, but you can't apply that same logic to a group of millions when you have thousands of examples at best.  That's still less than 1% of the sample size and if you don't have any proof that the .1% that said graphics didn't matter are the same .1% that are now extolling the virtures of the PS4 comparison to XBone, then you are just looking for reasons to shit on Sony fans.  

It goes on the idea that the fanbase is accountable for eachother. That the vocal speak for the masses and thereby also represent them. We are not individuals that just happen to own the same console....we are part of a team with similar ideas and cultures. Even if some don't agree with eachother, the people of every fanbase are bound by a consencus on certain subjects by default.

I also believe in the idea of "perception = reality" where you are only viewed in the reality of how your peers and enemies view you, not by how you percieve yourself.

I personally see this as no different int he real world, where oversimplified generalizations are the norm. Unfair, biased, and sample sizes not indicative of the whole? You betcha. Still the norm and is human nature to continue to do so. It is simple and immediate rather then doing painstaking research, only to have even that refuted just as easily.

I can most definately be called out for something another number of Xbox fans say but myself personally didn't say. It is unfair, but I feel I am accountable for my fellow fans by default. I apologize and in the future I do my part to change the opinions of fellow fans accordingly.

The real situation here is that Microsoft has so so much more money for ensuring that the Xbox brand outlasts the PlayStation irrespective of however Sony fanboys play it with all the more power and frames per second etc etc. Heard it all before with the cell and look how that turned out. Unfortunately Sony may eventually have to break up the business to survive as has become evident with the recent pc and TV moves.... accept it guys - It ain't looking pretty for Sony. Microsoft simply have a better business model moving forward. This will ultimately translate to Xbox One being more financially stable and viable. Sony on the other hand are hanging on tenterhooks. This will inevitably affect PlayStation 4's prospects.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

deskpro2k3 said:
sales2099 said:

Got to hand it to MS fans, they still think MS care about them even after they try to hit them with DRM.

Well they listened and changed it didn't they? They also throw their money around more with 3rd parties then Sony, giving us timed exclusives, DLC, and 3rd party exclusives. I must say I feel appreciated.

sales2099 said:

You really need to go into the Vita thread then XD

keroncoward said:
sales2099 said:

Cant downplay mismanagement forever. Cant wait to hear what their excuses for losses will be next year since they dropped their PC and TV division.

The loses should continue till 2015 because it sounds like Sony themselves only expects to become profitable sometime in 2016.