By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Reports $1.1B Loss - The Bullcrap Needs To Stop

jayson1 said:
I thought we knew sony was in debt? Did they not sell off properties and are restructuring for future earnings. This is old news. It seems clear that sony is now heading in the right direction.

Old news that their shareholders are unhappy with Kaz? Or that they still have to find a buyer for PC and TV lines?

Or is it that the only profitable division is the gaming one that doesn't break them out of the vicious loss cycle?

Yeah old news...

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
jayson1 said:
I thought we knew sony was in debt? Did they not sell off properties and are restructuring for future earnings. This is old news. It seems clear that sony is now heading in the right direction.

Old news that their shareholders are unhappy with Kaz? Or that they still have to find a buyer for PC and TV lines?

Or is it that the only profitable division is the gaming one that doesn't break them out of the vicious loss cycle?

Yeah old news...

If I'm not mistaken, they already have a buyer for their PC division. As of right now, they only plan on spinning off their TV division, not necessarily selling it like the PC division (which makes less sense to me since its the bigger cancer) but heck Sony has been wierd for a long time, why break the habit. lol!

xS7SxSNIPER said:

No i must resist!!!! 

XD XD XD

marley said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
the bad news doesnt get around much?

Every time theres a console battle going on, it ends with MS or nintendo fans turning to balance sheets and stock value because they get destroyed if they continue talking about games and hardware.

The creepy part is that some of them genuinely feel happy that MS or nintendo made a profit while sony didnt - and thats where the real 'fanboy' concern for this topic lies.

Not only have they failed to see this whole profit/loss thing is damage control for MS and nintendo not being able to rival the PS4, but are now trying to turn the table and say its damage control for Sony.

Nice try though, but at the end of the day, end consumers (most of us here, and in the world) will always care about the products a company makes, not their balance sheets.

Not able to rival the PS4 in what way?  In sales?  So a companies' sales are important, but their profitability isn't?

That certainly does seem like damage control......

Btw, I don't agree that Nintendo and Microsoft fans turn to balance sheets because they get 'destroyed' if they talk about games and hardware.  That seems like a silly claim, especially when considering that one of those companies creates a large amount of very highly regarded software (probably more than any other developer in existence).  The other creates highly regarded hardware and a few really great software titles.  Sony has a rich history filled software/hardware that ranges from decent to great, but there is no metric in which they are consistently better than their competitors (contrary to your biased opinions). 

lol sales?

no offence but you HAVE to be under a rock to not notice all the graphics comparisons.

If MS was making a loss, you could understand that they are not in good shape so cant offer a competitive product at the same price point. But with them making so much money, yet providing weaker hardware at a higher price point, it makes me wonder why so many people are actually happy that MS are profiting at the gamers expense.

fps_d0minat0r said:
marley said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Every time theres a console battle going on, it ends with MS or nintendo fans turning to balance sheets and stock value because they get destroyed if they continue talking about games and hardware.

The creepy part is that some of them genuinely feel happy that MS or nintendo made a profit while sony didnt - and thats where the real 'fanboy' concern for this topic lies.

Not only have they failed to see this whole profit/loss thing is damage control for MS and nintendo not being able to rival the PS4, but are now trying to turn the table and say its damage control for Sony.

Nice try though, but at the end of the day, end consumers (most of us here, and in the world) will always care about the products a company makes, not their balance sheets.

Not able to rival the PS4 in what way?  In sales?  So a companies' sales are important, but their profitability isn't?

Btw, I don't agree that Nintendo and Microsoft fans turn to balance sheets because they get 'destroyed' if they talk about games and hardware.  That seems like a silly claim, especially when considering that one of those companies creates a large amount of very highly regarded software (probably more than any other developer in existence).  The other creates highly regarded hardware and a few really great software titles.  Sony has a rich history filled software/hardware that ranges from decent to great, but there is no metric in which they are consistently better than their competitors (contrary to your biased opinions). 

lol sales?

no offence but you HAVE to be under a rock to not notice all the graphics comparisons.

If MS was making a loss, you could understand that they are not in good shape so cant offer a competitive product at the same price point. But with them making so much money, yet providing weaker hardware at a higher price point, it makes me wonder why so many people are actually happy that MS are profiting at the gamers expense.

So we can enjoy watching fellas like you spazz and foam through their mouth.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network

Between the 3, who is actually in "good" shape

Sony as a whole isn't doing too hot, but Playstation is. Regardless of what happens with Sony, Playstation continues on

Nintendo... well not going to further beat the Wii U horse. 3DS is doing great. Company as a whole isn't doomed but needs to rethink it's future in the home console space

Microsoft makes money... Xbox not so much. While the company is doing great, Xbox never really has.

If I had to put all my eggs in a companies basket... It would be in Valve's. Worry free compared to the other 3 lol

Goatseye said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
marley said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

lol sales?

So we can enjoy watching fellas like you spazz and foam through their mouth.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

awwww, did I offend you?

joeorc said:
DarkWraith said:
you don't appear to know what cognitive dissonance is

yes i do, its like people ignoring the 1 billion $ loss and even if people show a certain person they will still see it as not that bad of a thing.

but on the same token , trying to change someone's mind over what is good or bad is based on subjective perceptioin in many times on many factors, not just one view. Some people cannot handle other's not getting upset over something.

example:

People tend to seek consistency in their beliefs and perceptions. So what happens when one of our beliefs conflicts with another previously held belief? The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feeling of discomfort that results from holding two conflicting beliefs. When there is a discrepancy between beliefs and behaviors, something must change in order to eliminate or reduce the dissonance.

but certain group will not change that view! no matter the fact's. 

"The amount of dissonance people experience can depend on a few different factors, including how highly we value a particular belief and degree to which our beliefs are inconsistent."

the point is some look at a certain group of people that no matter what they show them that it's like talking to a brick wall. and many time's it irks the people about that they cannot convince those to change , but on the same token complain that those people not willing to admit things a certain way, and since they have the "largest voice" on the internet they are keeping the wrong "facts" alive despite what they were shown.

so you understand the meaning, just not where it applies...what you really meant is that people use special pleading where under circumstance X they believe Y, and in circumstance G they believe Z, when X and G are the same in principle (ie. game consoles) yet as a result of their bias they have different reactions and reasoning...

I must emphasize this is not cognitive dissonance, that's a separate issue ex. thinking abortion is both good and bad at the same time - ambivalence.