By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Reports $1.1B Loss - The Bullcrap Needs To Stop

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
$1.1 billion operating loss is peanuts for a company that has a fortune half a trillion or a trillion dollars. Let;s call it a small splash in the ocean and dismiss it as a minor loss due to investing in the new PS4.

What? They've been making loses for years, have no cash reserves and have billions of debt. Moreover the loss is from their TV and PC division not the games division. Also $1.1bn is not a small splash for a company doing as badly as Sony. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Guys, let's stay on topic. Nintendo is doomed.

I liked the part about 60/30 fps and he is exactly right. If an Xbone game gets revealed to be 30 fps it's the end of the world, the console is doomed and holy shit, why not just play on the Atari 2600 because damn bro, do you even lift? 30 fps is so last gen 1080p60 or bust.

But then The Order is revealed to be 30, and potentially 900p, and oh man it's totally cool guys! It's cinematic!

The Nintendo stuff, they dominated last gen, of course they are going to get a lot of venom now that they are failing.

J_Allard said:
I liked the part about 60/30 fps and he is exactly right. If an Xbone game gets revealed to be 30 fps it's the end of the world, the console is doomed and holy shit, why not just play on the Atari 2600 because damn bro, do you even lift? 30 fps is so last gen 1080p60 or bust.

But then The Order is revealed to be 30, and potentially 900p, and oh man it's totally cool guys! It's cinematic!

It's ok because no other next gen console could do more, so it is the best version of the game possible at this moment. Why wouldn't it be ok?

It would stop being ok if another console could do more, like it is the case with multiplats on X1. It's not next gen then because it is worse than what a real next gen console could do. How is that equasion so hard to understand for non-PS fans?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I was wondering when this would be talked about. took some time!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
vivster said:
J_Allard said:

It's ok because no other next gen console could do more, so it is the best version of the game possible at this moment. Why wouldn't it be ok?

It would stop being ok if another console could do more, like it is the case with multiplats on X1. How is that equasion so hard to understand for non-PS fans?

Because it's not the reality we have lived in on VGChartz since the consoles launched? I can destroy that entire argument with one word: Ryse. Shit, there was even a change in the visuals of that game which some here went on and on about "downgrades" that the developers said the same thing about: artistic decision. It's never been just a "lulz ps4 does it better!!" it's been a "anything less than 1080p60 is filth, not even worth playing!". Another prime example is BF4. The game has been trashed on here for not being 1080p60 even though at 900p versus 720p, it out performs the Xbone.

Double standards are fun. And make for a good read. I am not going to get into a back and forth about it though, just wanted to point it out. Toodles.

J_Allard said:
vivster said:
J_Allard said:

It would stop being ok if another console could do more, like it is the case with multiplats on X1. How is that equasion so hard to understand for non-PS fans?

Because it's not the reality we have lived in on VGChartz since the consoles launched? I can destroy that entire argument with one word: Ryse. Shit, there was even a change in the visuals of that game which some here went on and on about "downgrades" that the developers said the same thing about: artistic decision. It's never been just a "lulz ps4 does it better!!" it's been a "anything less than 1080p60 is filth, not even worth playing!". Another prime example is BF4. The game has been trashed on here for not being 1080p60 even though at 900p versus 720p, it out performs the Xbone.

Double standards are fun. And make for a good read. I am not going to get into a back and forth about it though, just wanted to point it out. Toodles.

I don't know the people who said it but they are most likely ill informed/stupid on this matter. 

At least I can say that I never said that. Because I know that even the PS4 is pitiful against a PC. 1080p@60fps is great but it will be a long time(or never) until we will see a next gen games on consoles with good graphics to reach that.

Maybe I'm just not an extreme enough fanboy to understand them then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Or you're extreme enough to excuse "them", idk.

J_Allard said:
vivster said:

Or you're extreme enough to excuse "them", idk.

I'm trying to excuse them but if there are really people out there who said stuff like that and really meaning what they said I can't really do it.

J_Allard said:

The Nintendo stuff, they dominated last gen, of course they are going to get a lot of venom now that they are failing.

Can you direct me to these fans boasting about X1 games being 30fps? Because last i checked most of the exclusives on both the X1 and PS4 are 30fps :P Seen plenty of boasting about sub 1080p on the X1, but that at least is true.

The only time I've seen anyone boast about frame rates is with multiplats, and they are perfectly justified in that. It is one of the simplest to compare two versions of the same game after all.

The only sub 1080p games on the X1 i actually think can justify it's resolution is Ryse, since Crytek just wanted to use the extra resources for more polish. Exactly the same thing as is being done with The Order.