By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo talking about the Wii U successor scare me from buying one?

rolltide101x said:

I have heard a good bit of news lately about the 3DS and Wii U successor Should this scare me from buying one? I do not want to get a Wii U if it is not going to be Nintendo's latest home console for a few years atleast. What do you guys think?

Stuff like this is concerning me about getting a Wii U (I am just waiting for my tax refund)

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-wants-their-platforms-to-be-more-like-ios-1516045355

Is Nintendo just talking about their next consoles way to early or are they getting their replacements ready?

You should not worry, that talk was in an investors meeting and they were showing their long term plans, they are going to try to unify the development platform for their next system and for that they have to start as soon as possible because that will take a lot of effort and time, that way they can release games for all their devices at the same time re-scaling the software.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
sethnintendo said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
If I was going to buy a $300 console it better last me more than 4 years
If true where looking at 2 big releases per year, put it 4 years that's only 8 games!
Fuck that not worth it in my opinion

When some games offer 100+ hours in gameplay then it might be worth it to others. 

Without dlc and online multiplayer how is that possible?

Not worth it in my opinion, but hey if you think 8 games is justifiable than good for you

Are you thinking aobut big 3rd party and exclusives or purely exclusives?

You should not be expecting a successor to Wii U until well after 2016 when Iwata has stated the QOL platform (separate from console video games) will be their new product/push.

That said, you should be cautious about picking up Wii U over other consoles because it will have very slow release of new quality games (generally only 1st/2nd party exclusives from Nintendo itself every 6 months or so).

rolltide101x said:
lucidium said:
No, what should scare you is

- Purchases of the same game on virtual console are not shared across from 3ds or to 3ds even if they're both linked to the same Nintendo ID
- Installing games or updating games takes a lifetime
- There's very little worth actually buying
- WiiTV is just a glorified TV guide
- Default battery in tablet sucks
- Unless you have wooden walls don't expect to get more than a room away without losing connection to the base console
- Only launch game worth your money is zombiu
- Bundled box weighs more than a ps3 fat boxed did
- wires, wires fucking everywhere.
- For some inexplicable reason all Japanese consoles released after the GameCube do not allow system language go be changed
- region locked, screw you Nintendo.

- Do not care

-Used to it from some PS3 games

-I disagree

-Do not watch tv

-Can deal with it

-Typically never a room away from my consoles

-We are not at launch anymore

-Who cares?

-Why would I care?

-Do not care

lol

Looks like your already getting the console, so why make a big deal over this than?

cusman said:
You should not be expecting a successor to Wii U until well after 2016 when Iwata has stated the QOL platform (separate from console video games) will be their new product/push.

That said, you should be cautious about picking up Wii U over other consoles because it will have very slow release of new quality games (generally only 1st/2nd party exclusives from Nintendo itself every 6 months or so).

I have a PS4, PS3, PSVita, and a gaming pc. A Wii U is the only console that would make sense for me to buy. (I do not want a 3DS)

Xbox does not get many exclusives and half the ones it gets that are not on Playstation are on PC.

Around the Network
eyeofcore said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
sethnintendo said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
If I was going to buy a $300 console it better last me more than 4 years
If true where looking at 2 big releases per year, put it 4 years that's only 8 games!
Fuck that not worth it in my opinion

When some games offer 100+ hours in gameplay then it might be worth it to others. 

Without dlc and online multiplayer how is that possible?

Not worth it in my opinion, but hey if you think 8 games is justifiable than good for you

Are you thinking aobut big 3rd party and exclusives or purely exclusives?

I'm talking about exclusives,  now lack of 3rd party is a whole nother problem itself

Lyrikalstylez said:
rolltide101x said:
lucidium said:

- Purchases of the same game on virtual console are not shared across from 3ds or to 3ds even if they're both linked to the same Nintendo ID
- Unless you have wooden walls don't expect to get more than a room away without losing connection to the base console
- For some inexplicable reason all Japanese consoles released after the GameCube do not allow system language go be changed

- Do not care

-I disagree

-Do not watch tv

-Can deal with it

-Who cares?

-Why would I care?

-Do not care

lol

Looks like your already getting the console, so why make a big deal over this than?

If I expected the "Wii U 2" to launch in 2015/2016 I would not be getting a Wii U. That was the point of the thread.

rolltide101x said:

I have heard a good bit of news lately about the 3DS and Wii U successor Should this scare me from buying one? I do not want to get a Wii U if it is not going to be Nintendo's latest home console for a few years atleast. What do you guys think?

Stuff like this is concerning me about getting a Wii U (I am just waiting for my tax refund)

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-wants-their-platforms-to-be-more-like-ios-1516045355

Is Nintendo just talking about their next consoles way to early or are they getting their replacements ready?

That´s no reason to be worried. It´s just normal that as soon as a new platform arrives, the manufacturer starts plans and works on its sucessor. Everything else about this is just fanboy rubbish.

As rumors say, it seems that the next platform will be a hybrid home/portable console and it will be compatible with current WiiU games

rolltide101x said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
rolltide101x said:
lucidium said:

- Do not care

-I disagree

-Do not watch tv

-Can deal with it

-Who cares?

-Why would I care?

-Do not care

lol

If I expected the "Wii U 2" to launch in 2015/2016 I would not be getting a Wii U. That was the point of the thread.

We'll by the looks of it you might as we'll wait for the wii U 2 because most likely it will be b/c with wii u and

By that time all the games would already been out

How many times is this going to be brought up?

Companies can't wait till a year before they want to release a product before they start discussing what it is they want to do next.  It takes years of R&D and refining an idea they have into a workable platform, and there are many changes due to happen along the way as tech and their ideas continue to evolve.  Then gearing up to produce such a project and then put into mass production and get it ready to market.  It takes years and years of work.

Nintendo have been known (though I'm sure most any company does this) to start on their next hardware ideas immediately after the prior launches, but if anyone thinks that means a new console is going to miraculously end up on your Gamestop shelves next year, they are totally out of touch with reality.

This shouldn't even be a question in people's minds, but lets just say it was possible...that a new Ninty console might release within 3 years of the prior (which it won't).  People think nothing about spending $500+ all day long(between upgrade and agreement) on the "latest/greatest" (barely upgraded) smartphone iteration every time it releases.  So why is that different?  It's absolutely brain dead if you ask me.

I guess my point here is that if you are seriously thinking of making the purchase, go out and buy it and enjoy it.

I've said it once, I'll say it again.  Shit or get off the pot.