By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Orders, 1st February 2014

I hope the numbers of Infamous are true. It would have a 500k+ first week in that case.

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:

I hope the numbers of Infamous are true. It would have a 500k+ first week in that case.

ISS is overtracked for sure, not sure why other people aren't picking up on this. No may this many people are looking forward to an otherwise b rate franchise. Case in point, I2 sold over a million less than the first game.

foodfather said:
leyendax69 said:

ISS is overtracked for sure, not sure why other people aren't picking up on this. No may this many people are looking forward to an otherwise b rate franchise. Case in point, I2 sold over a million less than the first game.

When games are scarce, a b-rate franchise can look like the best game ever.

Zekkyou said:
sales2099 said:
Zekkyou said:

That makes even less sense... Underdog means something has little chance of winning. You must have an awful lot of faith in the PlayStation brand to believe the X1 is up against the odds that badly :P

Now the WiiU, that actually fits with the underdog term.

I am not a blind fan. It is easy to see that X1 won't catch up they way things are going. So yes, I stand by my phrasing.

Easy to see? It was only last gen we watched the PS3 launch into a shit storm and still eventually beat a console with a lead of several million, and only a couple of years since the 3DS did a complete turn around.

People are so fast to judge these days .-.

They also had Japan in their pocket as a free region and non-UK Euros as brand loyal as ever. Stop acting like you don't know.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Zekkyou said:

Easy to see? It was only last gen we watched the PS3 launch into a shit storm and still eventually beat a console with a lead of several million, and only a couple of years since the 3DS did a complete turn around.

They also had Japan in their pocket as a free region and non-UK Euros as brand loyal as ever. Stop acting like you don't know.

And until the PS4 came out most people believed the US and UK were xbox land, yet here we are. If the EU is really as dedicated as you seem to believe then Sony really have done an incredible job with brand recognition.

If you honestly believe the X1 is an underdog then you should probably regard every platform other than the PS4 as the underdog right now. You could open a kennel ^^

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
sales2099 said:
Zekkyou said:

And until the PS4 came out most people believed the US and UK were xbox land, yet here we are. If the EU is really as dedicated as you seem to believe then Sony really have done an incredible job with brand recognition.

If you honestly believe the X1 is an underdog then you should probably regard every platform other than the PS4 as the underdog right now. You could open a kennel ^^

PS4 is also $100 cheaper and US/UK was actually Wii land for most of the gen. Don't understand why you are fighting me on this...

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Zekkyou said:

PS4 is also $100 cheaper and US/UK was actually Wii land for most of the gen. Don't understand why you are fighting me on this...

The PS1 was cost more than the N64, the PS2 cost more than the CC and the same as the Xbox and the PS3 cost more than the 360. It's rarely price that matters, but the value people see in that price.

I was talking in regards to the HD twins. The Wii was something of a special case (as seen by the speed it died off). Not fighting, just letting you know you need to open a Kennel for all those underdogs o/

foodfather said:
leyendax69 said:

Not weird Infamous 2 sold a lot less. Has been on PS+ since a long ago and has less time in the market. I wouldn't secure that the pre-orders are true, but they could, SS looks like a big improvement from previous games and is one of the first sony games on ps4 too.

Titan fall will be big!