By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW/SW Up 25th January 2014 (US Has A New King)

Lawlight said:
Figgycal said:
The numbers aren't that different. One price drop can turn the tides.

Well, the PS4 sold 60% more units that in the 3DS in the regions it was released in.

I was talking about Xbox One and meant specifically in the US. My comment was extremely vague.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Somini said:
tbone51 said:

No one is protecting anyone here. Stop derailing the thread. You don't need to leave 30 replies to get a point across. I don't need to follow you as you're not as important as you seem to think you are. So keep your comments and expectations in check please.

Lol, yes i come off as the type that thinks im important, pls tell me more about myself! Im learning something new everyday.

Just shut up already, u went off topic and Somini called u out on it. If u want to have the same argument with Lawlight for the 10th time go write on his wall.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

FinalFantasyXIII said:
binary solo said:
Everything bad except PS4.

Xb one just over 50% of PS4 has got to be a worry. When PS4 releases in Japan, and when Xb one gets only a few thousand sales per week from the 2nd tier markets it's possible that PS4 will regularly be 2:1 vs. Xb one.

With Japan it should be 3 to 1 for at least a month when it launches I would imagine. I hope longer though, because I want to see 11 million PS4 to 5.5 million XB1 before CHristmas 2014. If XB1 stays around 50k a week/200k month and PS4 stays 150k a week and 600k month till holidays Feb-Nov = 10 months = XB1 = +2 million more sales and PS4 would average 6 million more sales.

So with XB1 @ 3.4 ish that would be 5.5 million, and PS4 @ 4.9 ish with 6 million = almost 11 million. If that would remain then by Christmas the PS4 will have double sales on hardware over XB1. 11 m to 5.5 mil, I love it! Because then there will be so many 3rd party titles for the PS4 with great hardware to push those games! Which should make for an amazing generation of games! I think it will be more like 14 mil for PS4 and 7 mil for XB1 by Christmas but who really knows. That's just my basic speculation at the moment.

I admire your optimism but you shoudn't count out MS's market power. I'm pretty sure that MS will have one or 2 massive bombs at E3 to reveal. I'm talking price cuts, more monster exclusives like Titanfall, bundles with non gaming related products and content cooperation for their entertainment network.

Sony will also bring the big guns to E3 but I don't expect anything gamechanging and rather an evolution of what they've done so far. PS4 is pretty much at the pinnacle right now and there is not much to improve so the huge potential to turn things around lies with MS.

My prediction is that the X1 will win back the american market by the end of the year to such an extend that they might be able to equalize the sale difference from Japan. Of course they'll still be a good measure behind WW because of the 2:1 in europe.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I agree, but worldwide I think. The 3ds is still expensive (I don't count 2ds, and sales show no one else does either), the base model 3ds is still $170, xl at $200. When those prices come way down, I think the 3ds will sell like gangbusters. The original ds was always cheap, and sold well because it was. All the 3ds naysayers seem to want to down play it current price vs the ds, (again, 2ds wasn't wanted, look at its sales) with its awesome library and a low price, base 3ds for $99-$119, xl for $149, it will sell more. Remember, the 3ds model that sells is the xl, for $200. To say the the 3ds hit it's peak already, to me at least, is preposterous.

zorg1000 said:
tbone51 said:
Somini said:
tbone51 said:

No one is protecting anyone here. Stop derailing the thread. You don't need to leave 30 replies to get a point across. I don't need to follow you as you're not as important as you seem to think you are. So keep your comments and expectations in check please.

Lol, yes i come off as the type that thinks im important, pls tell me more about myself! Im learning something new everyday.

Just shut up already, u went off topic and Somini called u out on it. If u want to have the same argument with Lawlight for the 10th time go write on his wall.

.......... He doesn't have a wall. Click his link

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
I agree, but worldwide I think. The 3ds is still expensive (I don't count 2ds, and sales show no one else does either), the base model 3ds is still $170, xl at $200. When those prices come way down, I think the 3ds will sell like gangbusters. The original ds was always cheap, and sold well because it was. All the 3ds naysayers seem to want to down play it current price vs the ds, (again, 2ds wasn't wanted, look at its sales) with its awesome library and a low price, base 3ds for $99-$119, xl for $149, it will sell more. Remember, the 3ds model that sells is the xl, for $200. To say the the 3ds hit it's peak already, to me at least, is preposterous.

I dont get why u think the 2DS is doing so horribly, if we go by the latest quarterly shipments it seems nobody wants the original 3DS.

Americas/Others

3DS-0.26/0.13

XL-1.56/1.27

2DS-1.11/1.00

So in regions that 2DS has released in, XL is the most popular, 2DS is just below it and the original 3DS is doing horrible.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Justagamer said:

I dont get why u think the 2DS is doing so horribly, if we go by the latest quarterly shipments it seems nobody wants the original 3DS.

Americas/Others

3DS-0.26/0.13

XL-1.56/1.27

2DS-1.11/1.00

So in regions that 2DS has released in, XL is the most popular, 2DS is just below it and the original 3DS is doing horrible.

I've never seen a breakdown, I've only read that the 2ds accounted for 5% of total sales.... Where did you get those numbers from? Link?

vivster said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:
binary solo said:

Xb one just over 50% of PS4 has got to be a worry. When PS4 releases in Japan, and when Xb one gets only a few thousand sales per week from the 2nd tier markets it's possible that PS4 will regularly be 2:1 vs. Xb one.

With Japan it should be 3 to 1 for at least a month when it launches I would imagine. I hope longer though, because I want to see 11 million PS4 to 5.5 million XB1 before CHristmas 2014. If XB1 stays around 50k a week/200k month and PS4 stays 150k a week and 600k month till holidays Feb-Nov = 10 months = XB1 = +2 million more sales and PS4 would average 6 million more sales.

So with XB1 @ 3.4 ish that would be 5.5 million, and PS4 @ 4.9 ish with 6 million = almost 11 million. If that would remain then by Christmas the PS4 will have double sales on hardware over XB1. 11 m to 5.5 mil, I love it! Because then there will be so many 3rd party titles for the PS4 with great hardware to push those games! Which should make for an amazing generation of games! I think it will be more like 14 mil for PS4 and 7 mil for XB1 by Christmas but who really knows. That's just my basic speculation at the moment.

I admire your optimism but you shoudn't count out MS's market power. I'm pretty sure that MS will have one or 2 massive bombs at E3 to reveal. I'm talking price cuts, more monster exclusives like Titanfall, bundles with non gaming related products and content cooperation for their entertainment network.

Sony will also bring the big guns to E3 but I don't expect anything gamechanging and rather an evolution of what they've done so far. PS4 is pretty much at the pinnacle right now and there is not much to improve so the huge potential to turn things around lies with MS.

My prediction is that the X1 will win back the american market by the end of the year to such an extend that they might be able to equalize the sale difference from Japan. Of course they'll still be a good measure behind WW because of the 2:1 in europe.

North America is still very much in play for sure. 10K difference in a given week is pretty negligible, and is within margin for error. But, unless PS4 does no better than WIi U in Japan I think Japan+North America will come out in PS4's favour most weeks. PS4 and Xb one will mostly be neck and neck or PS4 marginally ahead for as long as there is a price difference in favour of PS4. And the longer that price difference lasts the more likely it is that PS4 will edge out Xb one in the long term. But, unless there are still supply issues keeping PS4 low I must say I am impressed that Xb one is strongly competing with PS4 in North America.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Justagamer said:
zorg1000 said:
Justagamer said:
I agree, but worldwide I think. The 3ds is still epensive (I don't count 2ds, and sales show no one else does either), the base model 3ds is still $170, xl at $200. When those prices come way down, I think the 3ds will sell like gangbusters. The original ds was always cheap, and sold well because it was. All the 3ds naysayers seem to want to down play it current price vs the ds, (again, 2ds wasn't wanted, look at its sales) with its awesome library and a low price, base 3ds for $99-$119, xl for $149, it will sell more. Remember, the 3ds model that sells is the xl, for $200. To say the the 3ds hit it's peak already, to me at least, is preposterous.

Americas/Others

3DS-0.26/0.13

XL-1.56/1.27

2DS-1.11/1.00

I've never seen a breakdown, I've only read that the 2ds accounted for 5% of total sales.... Where did you get those numbers from? Link?

Well yeah it only accounts for 5% of total sales because its only been available for like 3 months and hasnt released in Japan. But in the most recent financial report they gave a breakdown on how each has done in each region so far this fiscal year. I got the 3DS/XL numbers by subtracting the previous reports numbers from the most recent one.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/

Itbinary solo said:
vivster said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:
binary solo said:

North America is still very much in play for sure. 10K difference in a given week is pretty negligible, and is within margin for error. But, unless PS4 does no better than WIi U in Japan I think Japan+North America will come out in PS4's favour most weeks. PS4 and Xb one will mostly be neck and neck or PS4 marginally ahead for as long as there is a price difference in favour of PS4. And the longer that price difference lasts the more likely it is that PS4 will edge out Xb one in the long term. But, unless there are still supply issues keeping PS4 low I must say I am impressed that Xb one is strongly competing with PS4 in North America.

I'm still curious about how much impact Titanfall will have. That way we could gage the impact of Halo 5 a bit.

I still don't think that price is the biggest issue with the box and that it is marginally influencing sales. It's the missing system sellers and the media backlash. I'm pretty sure that if Halo 5 would've been an exclusive launch title that the WW sales would look pretty different now. PS4 is not that successful because of its price either. It's much more the media hype and the disappointment that was the PS3. Sure some people switched over from X360 to PS4 but those will most likely buy the X1 if their favorite exclusives from last gen hit the console. It's just that not many Xbox fans have jumped at the upgrade yet. Over this year and at the very latest with Halo (north american) people will swarm to their console, massive price cut or not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.