By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone getting The Gold Headset?

Actually its rather cheap...hell my headphones (Sennheiser HD 650) cost more than a PS4.

Sometimes you got to pay for premium quality products

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mystro-Sama said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mystro-Sama said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mystro-Sama said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mystro-Sama said:
You realise it's a lot cheaper than most headsets right?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/turtle-beach-turtle-beach-ear-force-p4c-headset-playstation-4-731855032457/10274148.aspx?path=6202ecc9cf35335ba0b996b0f3676dbben02

Literally from less than a minute of looking for one.

Does it have surround sound? Is it noise cancelling? Is it confortable? Does it support custom game modes? Does it support other devices? Is it wireless?

No? Then maybe it isn't worth it. I'd rather stick with the mono ear piece than buy that.

Description says it "surrounds you."  Idk what noise canceling is, but I used the headset that came with the 360 for like 5 years and I'm assuming it wasn't noise canceling and I had no problem with that.  Idk how I'm supposed to know if its comfortable since I don't own it, but you also don't know if the gold headset is comfortable.  Idk what you mean by a headset supporting custom game modes.  Yes it also works on PC, you can check the official website.  It plugs right into the controller which is in ur hands so wireless really isn't needed.

All in all way better value than paying for a headset 4x the price.  

You realise you'll most likely use it for years right? So why not just buy one thats good and be over with it.

Cause its a waste of money?  You know your gonna use ur car for years, why not buy the other one that's 4x the price?

If you can afford it and there are valid reason why it is better then why not?

I said I can't justify spendind that much on a headset, then you said MOST headsets cost more, where I showed you that is not true and its easy to find one that's cheaper.  Now your changing your stance and saying the expensive ones are okay since there is a valid reason to buy them.

lol How am I changing my stance? And did I say it was hard to find cheaper ones? I simply said there are many headsets out there more expensive. Examples being:

Even the pulse elite cost more.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
RawrJa said:

Stop nitpicking. You knew he was referring to wireless headsets. If you can not justify paying that much for a headset then leave it at that. Shit childish.

Lol how did I know that?  Before the upcoming patch weren't wireless headsets not even supported by the PS4...

we get it already, you dont care about price/quality relation and probably dont even use headsets for gaming. now stop trying so hard you are clearly not the apropriate audience for this thread.

rutea7 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
RawrJa said:

Stop nitpicking. You knew he was referring to wireless headsets. If you can not justify paying that much for a headset then leave it at that. Shit childish.

Lol how did I know that?  Before the upcoming patch weren't wireless headsets not even supported by the PS4...

we get it already, you dont care about price/quality relation and probably dont even use headsets for gaming. now stop trying so hard you are clearly not the apropriate audience for this thread.

The whole point I'm making is about the price/quality relation...and I used a headset on my 360 for 4-5 years so yes I do use them and I am the appropriate audience. 

Cthulhu said:
Actually its rather cheap...hell my headphones (Sennheiser HD 650) cost more than a PS4.

=D Nice, wish I could afford a nice headset like that.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
rutea7 said:

The whole point I'm making is about the price/quality relation...and I used a headset on my 360 for 4-5 years so yes I do use them and I am the appropriate audience. 

you dont seem like it when you link a piece of crap to compare. I've heard good things about the pulse elites and i'd rather hear opinions of people who have actually tried them, general consensus on the internet is that they are worth the money and compared to more pricey headsets.

also if people are looking for heasets for more than gaming and watching movies and listening to music with sound quality is a concern budgets tend to be more flexible.

from what i've been looking at these days gaming headsets with multiple connections over 150 dollars and even 150 euros haven't got much sound quality, lack in bass and not many are even wireless. also their build is usually a bit too much plasticky... i'm talking about big brands like steel series and tritton. expensive but not very multifunctional.

these have very good price, good sound and good build, so no... hard to take you seriously when you compare them to the first piece of crap you googled.

bring a good price/quality comparison to the table and we have a good interesting post so i can see more options.

The trailer is funny. Exclusive game modes for owning a headset? lulz

rutea7 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
rutea7 said:

you dont seem like it when you link a piece of crap to compare. I've heard good things about the pulse elites and i'd rather hear opinions of people who have actually tried them, general consensus on the internet is that they are worth the money and compared to more pricey headsets.

also if people are looking for heasets for more than gaming and watching movies and listening to music with sound quality is a concern budgets tend to be more flexible.

from what i've been looking at these days gaming headsets with multiple connections over 150 dollars and even 150 euros haven't got much sound quality, lack in bass and not many are even wireless. also their build is usually a bit too much plasticky... i'm talking about big brands like steel series and tritton. expensive but not very multifunctional.

these have very good price, good sound and good build, so no... hard to take you seriously when you compare them to the first piece of crap you googled.

bring a good price/quality comparison to the table and we have a good interesting post so i can see more options.

This.

ktay95 said:
Cthulhu said:

=D Nice, wish I could afford a nice headset like that.

My hobby is sound design :)

think thing reminds me of what NFL coaches were. lol I like playing online,without being social. the mute button is my best friend when playing online.