By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is the BEST Twisted Metal?

Which Twisted Metal is the BEST in the series?

Twisted Metal 7 11.67%

Twisted Metal 2 23 38.33%

Twisted Metal III 3 5.00%

Twisted Metal 4 7 11.67%

Twisted Metal: Black 19 31.67%

Total:59

the new one

Around the Network

Best for what? If by chance you mean best for MP, then the most recent one on PS3 definitely is. Had a crap SP, but man was that MP fun.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I would rate them:

TM2
Black
TM1
TM 2012
TMIII
TM4

Haven't played Small Brawl. Also, anyone who is a fan of the genre should check out Rogue Trip if you can find it on PSone.

I prefer TM2 because the cars have such different personalities and all of the levels are so good. In Black some of the cars were too similar and the arenas were very hit or miss. I would rate TM 1012 2nd best as I found the gameplay pretty amazing, but they rushed the game out knowing it was broken and everyone pretty much abandoned the game. I should have a platinum, but the online trophies are glitched for most people. They had one where you had a play a ranked game online for 30 days straight. Fuck Jaffe.

I actually don't think 3 or 4 are that bad either. I liked the changes to the controls 989 brought to the table with 3, and some of the levels were quite good, there just wasn't the consistency in the quality that the other games have.

I played all the console ones except PS3 version. But I think Black is by far the best. Good atmosphere, cars, specials, difficulty. I liked 3 and 4 because of all the different cars and specials but the atmosphere was not so great, and difficulty was a little snowbally and memorization of health packs. 2 had good everything but has not aged to well.

2 by far. so many good levels and i still remember all my strategies for all of them (mostly camping)

Around the Network

I liked Black the most, mainly for its dark and gritty storyline.

I liked Black the most to, graphically it was sharp enough to actually see what was going on(compared to the PS1 games) but not to detailed that it disctracts like with the PS3 version.

Twisted Metal World Tour was the best but a long way. The gameplay was slick, fast, challenging. Co-Op was fantastic, it's all I played really.

Black is the next best but I'd say, though it was fast, massive maps, and awesome in it's own way (again co-op is mainly what I played) the energy of the enemies (and you really) was too high, if it was at say 75% energy it would be perfect.

Not played 3 or 4, but as they were made by someone else, probably were not great and never released in the UK, either.

Twisted Metal Small Brawl, again, not released in the UK.

Head On on the PSP was good but lacked a couple of stable control features which made the turning easy.

The new one lost a lot of it's charm, if they stuck with the online only model then I think it would have been a success, more so than it was. The game when it was all out car fighting was great but lack of Run & Gun controls and the game having actual races in it, ruined it a lot for me.

Hmm, pie.

I played a twisted metal game on Ps2. I cant remember what TS it was but it was fun as heck.

Yay!!!

The new one by far, after recently going back to TM2 and Black, they feel so clunky and poor by todays standards.