By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U - 2013 vs 2014 sales comparison (VG Chartz) *updated Week 5

fleischr said:
Thanks for this!

No problem... You don't need to look for Wii U sales between that or that week in this site... You have complete 2013 and as time passes 2014 and its comparison... Just so you people can easily inform yourself. :)

Around the Network
supernihilist said:
eyeofcore said:
brute said:

You were the one claiming that December was overtracked, and as it turned out it was infact undertracked. Now you're doing the same thing for January eh?

Also in December of 2012 was it launch period, ofcourse it would sell well than, compare December 2013 to November 2013 and you'll see that all those factored in it having the biggest increase from all consoles( Percentage wise ofcourse).

Exactly... Anyway I decided to look at his profile...

All games are on Xbox/Microsoft platform thus I believe that he is an extreme microsoft/xbox loyalist/fan and he might be annoyed by the fact that Xbox One is currently at 3.4 million versus Wii U that is 5.7 million and Wii U having better sales is a bad news for him and I am not surprised to be honest. Hes British. -_-"

i think he works for Msoft. its the only reason i find for his attitude

No I don't, I would have thought me talking about PS4 being a sale sbeast this gen multiple times would have been obvious I don't work for MS.

My 'Attitude' is fine, (yours stinks FYI, you never contribute anything). I've still not had anyone give me a logical explanation as to why WiiU would be up 95% in US YOY.

As for Eyeofcore, dude you're not even gonna be around by the end of the year to see your thread through. XB1 is gonna overtake WiiU and never look back, so why would it annoy me WiiU is still ahead with an extra year on the market?

haha 2014 will rock extremly hard. letzs wait DKCTF and MK8 :D

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Seece said:
supernihilist said:
eyeofcore said:
brute said:

You were the one claiming that December was overtracked, and as it turned out it was infact undertracked. Now you're doing the same thing for January eh?

Also in December of 2012 was it launch period, ofcourse it would sell well than, compare December 2013 to November 2013 and you'll see that all those factored in it having the biggest increase from all consoles( Percentage wise ofcourse).

All games are on Xbox/Microsoft platform thus I believe that he is an extreme microsoft/xbox loyalist/fan and he might be annoyed by the fact that Xbox One is currently at 3.4 million versus Wii U that is 5.7 million and Wii U having better sales is a bad news for him and I am not surprised to be honest. Hes British. -_-"

No I don't, I would have thought me talking about PS4 being a sale sbeast this gen multiple times would have been obvious I don't work for MS.

My 'Attitude' is fine, (yours stinks FYI, you never contribute anything). I've still not had anyone give me a logical explanation as to why WiiU would be up 95% in US YOY.

As for Eyeofcore, dude you're not even gonna be around by the end of the year to see your thread through. XB1 is gonna overtake WiiU and never look back, so why would it annoy me WiiU is still ahead with an extra year on the market?

Seece -- most folks on this site know you're kind of anti-WiiU. Nintendo fanboys just aren't ever going to listen to you. You have almost standing with them. Why do you bother?

Here's the logical reason why Wii U sales are up: There are actually good games worth playing on it -- with more coming relatively soon.

Come spring/summer, get used to threads like "WiiU sales up 100%+ YOY"

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Seece said:
supernihilist said:
eyeofcore said:
brute said:

Seece -- most folks on this site know you're kind of anti-WiiU. Nintendo fanboys just aren't ever going to listen to you. You have almost standing with them. Why do you bother?

Here's the logical reason why Wii U sales are up: There are actually good games worth playing on it -- with more coming relatively soon.

I'm anti WiiU? Oh you mean I make sales threads on WiiU (That is the point of this site you know).

That would be logical if it gave it a similar boost over the holidays. It didn't.

Around the Network
Seece said:
fleischr said:
Seece said:
supernihilist said:
eyeofcore said:
brute said:

I'm anti WiiU? Oh you mean I make sales threads on WiiU (That is the point of this site you know).

That would be logical if it gave it a similar boost over the holidays. It didn't.

To some extent you're right -- but the trend we have to acknowledge now is that the worst days of WiiU are pretty much over.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

@Seece, Mummelman and supernihilist: Stick to the thread topic and stop commenting on other users. If you think someone is an alt or is causing trouble report them, don't post about it in the thread.

Signature goes here!

eyeofcore said:

*Alignment is currently screwed(I guess doing editing via HTML is only solution... *facepalm*)

Try using the 'advanced' options for the table/cells... you should be able to make a change to the cell and have it affect the whole table there.

fleischr said:
Seece said:

To some extent you're right -- but the trend we have to acknowledge now is that the worst days of WiiU are pretty much over.

That's exactly the point I've been making, we don't know if it's up, even or down YOY. So not at all.

@ Truck, it was a couple of posts and we're clear done discussing it :P

In the middle of December I predicted sales of 300 000 Wii U systems in January, based on average weekly worldwide sales of approximately 75 000 systems. It looks like that figure was almost spot on. However, that's largely thanks to strong week 1 sales. In December my prediction for February was another 300 000 systems, based on average weekly sales of approximately 75 000 systems. With the recent sale figures taken into account, Nintendo will have to sell 100 000-120 000 systems in week 8 and week 9 (the release weeks of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in the westen markets), to reach 300 000 for February. That's not impossible to achievet, but it'll be a close call. Anything beyond 300 000 systems in February should be considered quite amazing sales for a system with such a software situation.

Key to sales is Nintendo's ability to attract casual gamers. Sales of Wii Party U suggests there is a slight shift of casual gamers toward Wii U. If Nintendo can market Wii Fit U right, the casual trend might pick up even more steam.