By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Kingdoms of Amalur: ohmygosh i didnt think it was that cool.

Even on hard you will be way overpowered if you get obsessive with side quests and do more than one or two of the factions. Really too bad the IP will never be perfected in a sequel. If you're really getting tired of the same old combat style you can completely re-spec your skills and talents at any time. Not a bad idea. Unfortunately with a console controller there weren't enough face buttons to let you use more than the same three or four skills/spells fight after fight. A game like this could really benefit from the ability to change abilities on the fly with your voice. A solid 8/10 is about right as is.

Around the Network

After a few hours I'm not impressed with this game, seems like a solid fantasy RPG, just like all the other 800 fantasy RPGs out there lol I need moar.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Good news I here from most of you, I bought this on the EA sale on xbox live for $6 or $7 dollars.

pokoko said:
Nem said:
pokoko said:
It's a shame but the game was probably just too big and too ambitious. With a new IP, they probably should have scale things down by a good margin, established the franchise, then expanded with the sequel.

People always want to blame the "AAA model" for everything but with Kingdoms of Amalur, I think the studio itself bears most of the fault. Requiring three million copies sold just to break even is too much to ask with a new IP. I'm sure it's well over the 2M mark, which should be pretty good, just not when the game was this expensive to create.

That wasnt because of the single player game. It was because of the MMO they were developing sideways. The game was supposed (or so they hoped) to make them stay afloat for developing both.

Their plan was always to make an MMO. They made the single player game to recoup from the debt they were contracting.

I'm not sure what you mean.  I know the MMO has a lot to do with the studio going under but it's been said that Kingdoms of Amalur needed to sell three million copies for that game to break even.  It lost money, which certainly did not help the studio at all.

As i said, thats because they  meshed together both. The assets used on KoA were all assets that were gonna be used for the MMO aswell. When you play the game, you can see all those MMO elements. The game pretty much plays like a single player MMO.

thismeintiel said:
Yea, it's a pretty cool game. Got it free with PS+. Put it to the side to play other games from Plus, like Bioshock Infinite. I really need to get back to playing this game.

I also have it because of Plus, but havent touched it yet. But it's not very high on my list of games-to-play-next. 

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Is it me or felt the art style similiar to overlord?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.